OA visa multi-entry stamp policy

Hi there, I entered Thailand on May 2022 using a multi entry OA visa. This visa sticker has "valid to" date till Dec 2022. 

Although, for some reason the immigration stamped my passport with can stay till "May 2023", I assume it's because they issue "entry date + 1 year"

Anyways, due to some reasons now I have to go back to my home country next week and then I might return sometime early next year (Feb). The question is, as my multiple entry sticker visa has valid till date of Dec 2022 but my stay until stamp is "May 2023", is it possible to get a multi entry stamp from Dec 2022 till May 2023 now and use this same visa for my next stay?

Edited by theghizmo

18 hours ago, CANSIAM said:

Your permission to stay stamp is May 2023, your OA visa sticker expires Dec. 2022. If you leave next week and return in early 2023 ( JAN-FEB ) you will need a re-entry permit to keep your permission to stay stamp alive and be stamped in again on your return to May 2023 because you would be returning after OA visa expiry ( DEC 2022 ). If you were to return to Thailand before OA visa expiry ( Dec 2022 ) you would get another 12 month stamp providing you have health insurance for the year as well or the IO will stamp you in to the expiry date of your health insurance. 

Thanks 

up until the visa expiration date in Dec you can leave and enter Thailand again before that date.  Each time you enter you would be given a new 1 year permission to stay date.

If you are leaving and returning after that date you will need a reentry permit to keep your current permission to stay date valid.  You can get a single entry permit if you are only leaving once during that time.  Otherwise get a multi entry permit.  1,000 baht vs 3,800 baht.

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, theghizmo said:

Just curious, can I go to one stop service at chamchuri for this? Or do I need to go to chaengwattana. Not willing to risk it at airport for last moment.

Do it at airport. There is no risk.

Which airport will you depart from? 

11 hours ago, theghizmo said:

Just curious, can I go to one stop service at chamchuri for this? Or do I need to go to chaengwattana. Not willing to risk it at airport for last moment.

Unless you are working for a BOI company and etc you cannot use the one stop center.

• Thanks 1

On 8/16/2022 at 7:14 PM, DrJack54 said:

Do it at airport. There is no risk.

Which airport will you depart from? 

Suvarnabhumi, I am just worried, god forbid something goes wrong and I don't get enough time to go through the process of getting one reentry stamp before departure!

I have enough time now, will visit immigration happily. Getting this OA visa was very painful given all official rules are clear as mud, don't want to through it all again..