3 month Visa ?

I read some while ago that there was a thought that there may be a standard 3 month visa introduced, any news in this. I hope to spend 3 months in thailand soon and this would be a prefered option.

• Confused 1

Nup. 

The 3 month (90 days) is non O and has specific requirements.

For a 3 month stay obtain a SETV that stamps you in for 60 days and then obtain 30 day extension. 

Easy process.

If longer stay required just do a border bounce for visa exempt entry and extend for extra 2 months. 

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 1

Can I get a SETV on arrival. Being a UK citizen I can enter Thailand with a 30 day Visa exemption but wish  to stay for 20 weeks. How do I achieve this?

Edited by fgmr

9 hours ago, steve187 said:

single entry tourist visa entry  (only available outside Thailand) 60 day entry stamp, together with a 30 day extension (1,900thb) gives you 90 days, a border bounce for a visa exempt 30 day entry stamp with an extension another 30 days that's 150 days

Mnnn - Interesting. This seems like an option for 180 days if when staying 30 days outside Thailand (Vietnam in my case) - My only issue was actually knowing I could get these visa's back2back, but this info (Also DrJack54 on previous post) - It seems like the back2back Visa's are possible - So Thanks

14 minutes ago, spambot said:

It seems like the back2back Visa's are possible -

Just to be clear.

A SETV (tourist visa) generally zero issue with entering thailand by air or land.

Not to be confused with visa exempt entry (visa waiver) 

In the case of setv, prior to covid some embassies/consulates were placing a limit of 2.

Phnom Penh was also returning pp with full page visa issued and red VOID stamp. 

Don't think we have had enough reports of these types of questions since we have come out of covid restrictions.

For example ... someone who has been in Thailand for the past year on covid extentions and now obtains a tourist visa at say Saigon can just reenter?

How about fly to Saigon and return via air visa exempt? 

Edited by DrJack54
  • Thanks 1