6 month Visa?

during my last overseas trip my non-O based on marriage expired in April, now in August I came back, here since 10 days only on the 30days stamp.

the current stay will be until mid October then go for 2 weeks overseas and come back until end of December. What would be my best options in terms of Visa, permission to stay? is there a 6 month multiple Visa I can apply for or something similar ?

For your current stay you obtain a 60 extension to visit wife. 

For your second stay you could again enter visa exempt and obtain same extension.

60 day to visit wife. 

Be aware that there is also 30 day extension available to your visa exempt entry.

Each extension cost 1900baht. 

Edited by DrJack54

5 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

For your current stay you obtain a 60 extension to visit wife. 

For your second stay you could again enter visa exempt and obtain same extension.

60 day to visit wife. 

Be aware that there is also 30 day extension available to your visa exempt entry.

Each extension cost 1900baht. 

Would the poster have any issues with two back to back visa exempts, by either by land or air border?  - And any thoughts on what immigration's position is usually when applying for two back to back 30 day extension's ?

21 minutes ago, spambot said:

Would the poster have any issues with two back to back visa exempts, by either by land or air border?  - And any thoughts on what immigration's position is usually when applying for two back to back 30 day extension's ?

In the OP,s case it will be 2 back to back visa exempt entries via air. 

He would not have an issue and if some over zealous immigration officer questioned him (wouldn't happen) he could point to previous non O marriage and that is in process of organizing non O.

Regarding back to back visa exempt entries via land no one should have any issue.

Just avoid couple of border crossings.

Regarding extensions every entry with a visa exempt or tourist visa can be extended by 30 days. No issue. 

Edited by DrJack54
  • Thanks 1

Thanks DrJack54,

do I understand you correct?
I can get before my 30 days on arrival expire let’s say 28 days after arrival a 60 days extension for 1900 THB which will give me overall 88 days and then I can do it all over again after I left the country for 3 weeks? 

4 hours ago, Charly2008 said:

Thanks DrJack54,

do I understand you correct?
I can get before my 30 days on arrival expire let’s say 28 days after arrival a 60 days extension for 1900 THB which will give me overall 88 days and then I can do it all over again after I left the country for 3 weeks? 

Extension to visa exempt and tourist visa entry is 30 days.

Extension to visit wife is 60 days.

You can obtain the extension couple of weeks prior to expiry of you 30 day visa exempt entry.

I wouldn't leave it till last couple of days. 

The 60 day extension will start for your expiry date. 

Edited by DrJack54

@DrJack54, again thanks for your quick answer, much appreciated.

I assume if I bring my passport, some pictures, perhaps my yellow house book and marriage certificate along with the visa fee shall be enough to get the visa done, am I correct?

Or do I need my wife come along as it is needed for the non-O marriage ?

As per your suggestion, I shall go soon and not wait until the last day, still have almost 20 days left.

21 minutes ago, Charly2008 said:

@DrJack54, again thanks for your quick answer, much appreciated.

I assume if I bring my passport, some pictures, perhaps my yellow house book and marriage certificate along with the visa fee shall be enough to get the visa done, am I correct?

Or do I need my wife come along as it is needed for the non-O marriage ?

As per your suggestion, I shall go soon and not wait until the last day, still have almost 20 days left.

The 60 day extension to visit wife is covered in thread below. Ubonjoe has outlined what's required

@DrJack54 again thanks a lot, just red through the thread and all is clear.

I shall pay the immigration a visit soon and update here how it was.

let me say again thanks to all of you with your experiences and the open communication and support to guys like me.

cheers, charly

• Like 1

here the update as mentioned in my last post

at 9:15 we did arrive at the Chiang Mai immigration today, I got queue number 3098 and they have been processing 3041, it was very busy, but we understood that most have been for Covid-extension. After my wife told an immigration officer that we intend to do 60-days extension we have been directed to a different counter, paper we had:

- Passport copy, page with arrival stamp copy and TM30 copy

- application form for extension of stay with picture

- marriage certificate copy

- ACKNOWLEDGEMENT OF TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR PERMIT OF TEMPORARY STAY IN THE KINGDOM OF THAILAND (STM.2)

- THE ACKNOWLEDGEMENT OF PENALTIES FOR A VISA OVERSTAY

with application the officer informed me that I could make a 30 day extension first and then a 60 day extension, but if I make today the 60 day extension I cannot extend again for 30 days. After I told her that my flight will out of Thailand will be mid of October she asked me to write the intended travel day on the application form, after that they processed the 60 day extension. I had to pay 1900 THB, all in all it has been quite fast, in and out within 30 minutes.

cheers, charly

• Like 1