No Problems from Cannabis Legalization: Health Minister

snoop1130

59 minutes ago, Gilligan In Drag said:

priviledges (can't even spell the word to save my life: privelidges, privelridges, previleages, privelidges, I give up) and flocking to Thailand to smoke pot.

its spelled 

p u t   d o w n   t h e   b o n g 

7 hours ago, JBChiangRai said:

If the law is followed, cannabis with 0.2% THC won’t cause a problem. Unfortunately, it’s not being followed and THC content nearer 100 times that is being sold.

In higher concentrations (enough to give a high) it can cause mental illness in a significant proportion of people and affects brain development in most young and still developing brains.

I am not sharing an opinion, I am stating medical fact.

Thailand is ill prepared for mental illness.

Oh dear. Lighten up for heaven's sake. Whatever his motives I reckon Anutin has made a good move on this issue.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, silver sea said:

This article shows that, in farangland, there is a market for stronger and stronger doses of THC and that when this is satisfied there are serious health and hospital resources problems:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-10976437/How-Californias-legal-cannabis-dream-public-health-nightmare.html

From the trashiest 'news' source - the example they give (with photo) is of an 18 yr old kid who died after "dabbling with prescription painkillers – and unwittingly taking a tablet of powerful opioid Fentanyl". And they blame cannabis.....

• Like 2

11 hours ago, FolkGuitar said:

Proper peer-reviewed citations, please, to substantiate your statement.

Otherwise, all you are sharing is your own personal thoughts backed up by internet  "conclusion shopping," that parrot back your own beliefs.

Cannabis Pharmacy, The Practical Guide to Medical Marijuana.

Michael Backes, Andrew Neil M.D. and Jack McCue M.D.

• Confused 2

Perhaps I am biased, I sat on the bench as a magistrate for a few years and saw the damage marijuana can do.

I have a friend receiving medical treatment for depression now in a health farm, she recently started eating space brownies. I drove her there myself last Monday, she’s receiving rTMS therapy.

I ask people with depression if they are marijuana users, a high percentage say they are.

I used a little in 2004 and a year later had my one and only bout of depression.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, JBChiangRai said:

If the law is followed, cannabis with 0.2% THC won’t cause a problem. Unfortunately, it’s not being followed and THC content nearer 100 times that is being sold.

In higher concentrations (enough to give a high) it can cause mental illness in a significant proportion of people and affects brain development in most young and still developing brains.

I am not sharing an opinion, I am stating medical fact.

Thailand is ill prepared for mental illness.

Ingestion of high THC products activate dormant schizophrenia in some people, true.

However, everything comes with risks. Soda significantly contributes to diabetes and obesity, alcohol induces risk-taking behavior that can lead to violence and motor accidents. And riding a motorcycle (especially in Thailand) is by an order of magnitude more dangerous than either if the former.

As humans, we create first and problem solve later. There will be pressure throughout the world to identify schizophrenia risks early, necessity is the mother of invention. We'll work it out as we go along.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Dogmatix said:

"He also said that the cannabis bill would be completely drafted this week and be then proposed to the House of Representatives right away."

Actually the Cannabis and Hemp Bill has already been drafted and passed its first reading in the House in June or July.  The summary shown on parliament's website indicated that there are no clauses restricting recreational use but most of it is about license fees for vendors. Actually it is very similar to the Cannabis and Hemp Act from the 1930s before Thailand got involved in the US war on drugs and criminalized it. 

It could be that the Cannabis and Hemp Bill will have some amendments before its second reading but I doubt that there is any plant to restrict recreational use.  Everyone knows that the big money is recreational use and there are a lot of vested interests riding on it. However, it is incumbent on Anutin and the government to maintain the fiction that legalisation was done purely to facilitate medicinal use. If that were true, they would set up a system alowing sales only on prescription and for Thai citizens and foreign residents only.  But that would have severely resticted potential sales volumes and profits.  

So no clauses for recreational use will make it legal?

On 8/18/2022 at 6:30 PM, Photoguy21 said:

It has but your brain has been so affected you dont realise it

Ah, that must be it then!

Whats your excuse then for the rubbish you post ? ????

Edited by Tall Midget

On 8/17/2022 at 6:30 PM, Photoguy21 said:

It is a pity people here, yourself excepted, can not understand that people will get high on it then go out and drive a car or motor cycle possible causing chaos on the roads. Some say they wont do that but how many people drive here under the influence of YaBa? A lot I would guess. Cannabis will be no different.

I'm a professional. A little visine and I'm good.

• Like 1

On 8/18/2022 at 3:59 AM, chalawaan said:

The only country in the world so far, who narrowly voted NOT to legalize it.

Switzrland has (Twice) had a referendum to legaize cannabis - both rejected. A trial will soon start for selected pharmacies to sell potent ganja to a (small) list of registered users.

On 8/18/2022 at 1:19 PM, silver sea said:

This article shows that, in farangland, there is a market for stronger and stronger doses of THC and that when this is satisfied there are serious health and hospital resources problems:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-10976437/How-Californias-legal-cannabis-dream-public-health-nightmare.html

You cannot link to anything connected to the Daily Mail and expect it to be considered "credible" by anybody

• Like 1

On 8/18/2022 at 8:00 PM, JBChiangRai said:

Perhaps I am biased, I sat on the bench as a magistrate for a few years and saw the damage marijuana can do.

I have a friend receiving medical treatment for depression now in a health farm, she recently started eating space brownies. I drove her there myself last Monday, she’s receiving rTMS therapy.

I ask people with depression if they are marijuana users, a high percentage say they are.

I used a little in 2004 and a year later had my one and only bout of depression.

Biased for sure !

So you smoked a joint in 2004 and 1 year later you felt depressed as a result ?       have you any idea how ridiculous that statement is,  I have never laughed so much in my life, one could not make this up.

Do you spend a lot time asking people who appear depressed  if they smoke marijuana?   that's a strange pastime by any standards in my opinion

And finally your "friend" ate a couple of brownies and became "depressed"  so you decided to take her to a "health farm" whatever that is, LOL    I'm sure they will be glad of your custom. How much does it cost these days to have a magnet rubbed against ones forehead?   lol    and by the way , saying you drove her there yourself does not convey any credibility to your fairy tale

Your posts are exactly what we would expect from somebody who was once a magistrate,  a position occupied by arrogant people who consider themselves fit to judge others .  and your admission of previous cannabis use clearly indicates a level of hypocrisy which is not uncommon either 

• Like 2

In regards to Holland, this is from http://www.tdpf.org.uk/:  "Misunderstandings and misreporting of actual and proposed changes to Dutch cannabis policy in 2011 have led some opponents of cannabis reform to suggest the country is retreating from its longstanding and pragmatic policy of tolerating the possession, use and sale of cannabis. This is not the case."

• Like 1

On 8/18/2022 at 9:32 AM, Smithson said:

Also because they didn't fully legalize due to pressure from others in Europe, at least that's what I read. It gave crooks a great opportunity, when the govt could have been collecting tax.

I am a little confused by your line

quote "It gave crooks a great opportunity, when the govt could have been collecting tax."

How can you tell the difference?

• Like 1

On 8/18/2022 at 10:53 AM, Photoguy21 said:

And that is your excuse is it? And many deaths due to drug taking so lets not skim over that. Evidently you like Cannabis which is why you are supporting it. Ever though of how you will be in 20 years from now? It wont be like you think of that I am sure.

Your excuse is just that you are an aspiring crack head

18 hours ago, Tall Midget said:

I would be sure you saw alcohol cause a lot more damage.

Yes I did see a lot more from alcohol, mostly fights and drivers.  

It's not really valid to say cannabis is ok because alcohol is a lot worse, it's a bit like saying you can stick your fingers in that 220v outlet because it's not as bad as jumping off that high building.

• Like 1