No Problems from Cannabis Legalization: Health Minister

snoop1130

17 minutes ago, bobbin said:

Hash is definitely not an extract. If Government wanted to differentiate I suppose they could say it's manufactured but that would be a stretch 

Hash is an extract, the hash is extracted from the leaves and buds. There are many different ways to produce an extract, some of them require far less processing than others.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Photoguy21 said:

And that is your excuse is it? And many deaths due to drug taking so lets not skim over that. Evidently you like Cannabis which is why you are supporting it. Ever though of how you will be in 20 years from now? It wont be like you think of that I am sure.

How will you be in twenty years? it won't be like you think, I'm sure....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I wouldn't expect things to be much different than before, it's not like weed wasn't widely available before legalization (so I've heard, hehe). The main difference is there will be a lot more stoned tourists, which should be of great benefit to the junk and fast food industries. Releasing the prisoners who were imprisoned for cannabis related crimes was a big plus too.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, khunpeer said:

they certainly did not walk back and a Uturn won't happen... it's well integrated in dutch society, can buy herb in coffeeshops all over the country, even products made from ganja are widely available and sold. here in Tland the plant is legal now, even the buds, but products of it can not contain thc over 0.02%.

overall it seems better to legalize it so quality-control can guarantee good outcome! ????

0.02%  ?  what on earth are you talking about ?  where have you been getting your information from ? you need to change your sources as you are misinformed

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, sometimewoodworker said:

Hash is an extract, the hash is extracted from the leaves and buds. There are many different ways to produce an extract, some of them require far less processing than others.

and your view of it polar opposite....and this kind of 50/50 split on google search.

It is advertised by these places, even on their signage. I  just wonder if people will fall foul of this hazy area, as everything rolled out so fast and new more granular regulations coming....

3 hours ago, JBChiangRai said:

If the law is followed, cannabis with 0.2% THC won’t cause a problem. Unfortunately, it’s not being followed and THC content nearer 100 times that is being sold.

In higher concentrations (enough to give a high) it can cause mental illness in a significant proportion of people and affects brain development in most young and still developing brains.

I am not sharing an opinion, I am stating medical fact.

Thailand is ill prepared for mental illness.

You are not stating anything of fact at all

3 hours ago, lujanit said:

I think you have that wrong.  The law is that extracts (to make edibles etc) must not contain more than 0.2% THC.  So it is perfectly legal to sell weed with a much higher THC content.

people like him amaze me ,  over two months in and they still don't have a clue, I have given up trying to help them

26 minutes ago, gjoo888 said:

I wouldn't expect things to be much different than before, it's not like weed wasn't widely available before legalization (so I've heard, hehe). The main difference is there will be a lot more stoned tourists, which should be of great benefit to the junk and fast food industries. Releasing the prisoners who were imprisoned for cannabis related crimes was a big plus too.

do you think there will be more stoned tourists than drunk tourists, if so why?

1 hour ago, Snig27 said:

People have been smoking cannabis for decades in Thailand. Many, many people. If anything, it makes you slow down on the roads. Something like 80% of road deaths in TL are alcohol based. Your silence on that is deafening.

the other 20% are caused by peoples innate  inability to drive properly,  cannabis doesn't get a look in 

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Serhii said:

By "chaos on the roads" do you mean everyone driving 40 km/h? Going faster being stoned feels too fast.

So where are we going with this? Are you advocating people who get caught speeding are given a joint and told to proceed?

18 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Cannabis has not posed a problem as feared by many parties while its market value has reached 28 billion baht, according to Public Health Minister Anutin Charnvirakul.

He must be blinkered.. god help Thailand if he ever gets the PM position.

4 hours ago, JBChiangRai said:

If the law is followed, cannabis with 0.2% THC won’t cause a problem. Unfortunately, it’s not being followed and THC content nearer 100 times that is being sold.

In higher concentrations (enough to give a high) it can cause mental illness in a significant proportion of people and affects brain development in most young and still developing brains.

The article itself is telling you it's a non-problem but you just couldn't resist the fear mongering could you?

No one is denying that is some severe cases, it may exacerbate mental illness and most certainly shouldn't be taken by 'young and still developing brains' but this is well documented stuff and still only accounts for a very small percentage of overall users. As so eloquently put by Songlaw, there's pros and cons with all drugs (to include alcohol) and so far, the pros are vastly outweighing the cons as far as cannabis is concerned.   

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, The Hammer2021 said:

Whatever problems there might be will be far less than than laws that criminalise people and lock them up. The problems will be outweighed by the benefits.

16 hours ago, JingerBen said:

Yes, I had heard something about that, but they haven't done a complete U-turn and gone back to total prohibition.

Not yet, anyway.

4 hours ago, JBChiangRai said:

This article shows that, in farangland, there is a market for stronger and stronger doses of THC and that when this is satisfied there are serious health and hospital resources problems:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-10976437/How-Californias-legal-cannabis-dream-public-health-nightmare.html

• Haha 1

57 minutes ago, Tall Midget said:

I've been puffing for fun since I was in my teens, in my early 50's now.

I hold down a good and well paid job in Thailand, yearly medicals give me a clean bill of health, I exercise 5 or 6 days a week and have a resting pulse rate of an athlete.

How are you doing?

I am very healthy and fit. What kind of athlete? Mine is around 52

30 minutes ago, silver sea said:

This article shows that, in farangland, there is a market for stronger and stronger doses of THC and that when this is satisfied there are serious health and hospital resources problems:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-10976437/How-Californias-legal-cannabis-dream-public-health-nightmare.html

It s been a while since I didn t read a piece of <deleted> like that, everything is wrong in this article. One kid smoked marijuana then died from Fentanyl overdose....  Reefer madness 2.0

• Like 1

However, Anutin promised about a month ago that recreational use was going to be made explicitly illegal within the next few months. I would not be surprised if there was another flip flop before too long, some kind of ranting and raving about foreign tourists abusing their priviledges (can't even spell the word to save my life: privelidges, privelridges, previleages, privelidges, I give up) and flocking to Thailand to smoke pot.

Cannabis has not posed a problem as feared by many parties while its market value has reached 28 billion baht, according to Public Health Minister Anutin Charnvirakul."

It comes as no surprise for him to say that - I wonder how it has affected his bank balance?

6 hours ago, JBChiangRai said:

One of the most interesting quotes about Cannabis that I saw in a Dutch Coffee shop:

Don't expect to solve any of your problems with Cannabis! 

Just think...