No Problems from Cannabis Legalization: Health Minister

snoop1130

11 hours ago, JingerBen said:

Yes, I had heard something about that, but they haven't done a complete U-turn and gone back to total prohibition.

Not yet, anyway.

they certainly did not walk back and a Uturn won't happen... it's well integrated in dutch society, can buy herb in coffeeshops all over the country, even products made from ganja are widely available and sold. here in Tland the plant is legal now, even the buds, but products of it can not contain thc over 0.02%.

overall it seems better to legalize it so quality-control can guarantee good outcome! ????

• Confused 2
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, khunpeer said:

they certainly did not walk back and a Uturn won't happen... it's well integrated in dutch society, can buy herb in coffeeshops all over the country, even products made from ganja are widely available and sold. here in Tland the plant is legal now, even the buds, but products of it can not contain thc over 0.02%.

overall it seems better to legalize it so quality-control can guarantee good outcome! ????

0.02% or 0.2% ?

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, JingerBen said:

No surprises here.

Hasn't this been the positive outcome wherever it has been legalized?

Are there any exceptions - cases where countries have banned it after having legalized it?

NZ were given a referendum. 

The only country in the world so far, who narrowly voted NOT to legalize it.

They have an incredible craft beer, and also world class wine reputation, so it's a real mystery why they would pass up all the well-researched benefits, by a slim  majority. 

That's democracy tho. 

I haven't used since I've been back in NZ, but have seen people do so in public. 

Most jobs also claim they randomly drug test in a "lottery" system. While I agree that adults should use with responsibility, I think this goes too far, and much more impairment reasearch needed vs alcohol, which is well understood. 

I also hear weed now costs MORE than a comparative amount of Meth in NZ! But I don't know how true that claim is either. 

The wonderful craft beer here  costs slightly MORE than imported craft beer does when bought from a bar in Chiang Mai, in  Thailand, I know that's very hard to believe, but this is the crazy downside to a population of just 5 million (BKK alone has at least DOUBLE that!) and NZ stuffers a net greater OUTFLOW of citizens every year.

Despite its' reputation as a paradise on earth.

Now I think I know why!

Edited by chalawaan

13 hours ago, The Hammer2021 said:

Holland  messed up and walked  back and reversed some measures due to the growth of narcotic dealing and use and big street gangs  growth but its a complex  problem that Thailand  won't have.

Also because they didn't fully legalize due to pressure from others in Europe, at least that's what I read. It gave crooks a great opportunity, when the govt could have been collecting tax.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, JBChiangRai said:

If the law is followed, cannabis with 0.2% THC won’t cause a problem. Unfortunately, it’s not being followed and THC content nearer 100 times that is being sold.

In higher concentrations (enough to give a high) it can cause mental illness in a significant proportion of people and affects brain development in most young and still developing brains.

I am not sharing an opinion, I am stating medical fact.

Thailand is ill prepared for mental illness.

You are sharing an opinion since your facts are wrong.

It starts with the THC content which is an uninformed opinion of yourself and not reality based.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, JingerBen said:

Yes, I had heard something about that, but they haven't done a complete U-turn and gone back to total prohibition.

Not yet, anyway.

The government tried to block tourists from going to cafes but the mayor of Amsterdam overruled it locally. The biggest problems seem to have come from from outsiders and tourists. 

14 hours ago, The Hammer2021 said:

Holland  messed up and walked  back and reversed some measures due to the growth of narcotic dealing and use and big street gangs  growth but its a complex  problem that Thailand  won't have.

Holland indeed implemented some stricter rules but that had nothing to do with the reasons you mention. It was forced to do so under European pressure as a compromise to more strict EU-countries.

• Like 2