Visa expiring

Entered Thailand visa exempt in May 2021 hoping to teach, didn't work out. Wanted to stay and then got 2 x covid extensions. After that got education visa through language school. Thought i could extend for 12 months only to find out only valid for 8 months because i didn't do the 2nd ministry of education test because i didn't progress that far. Be that as it may my extension of stay expire on 25th aug, but language school said that i can get extension at immigration until 12th september because then visa expire. I intend to do that. What are visa options to stay? Can i get covid extension if i am education visa, but entered visa exempt? Please assist.

8 hours ago, problemfarang said:

tbh your post is full of misleads.. and also some interesting infos about the visa situation..

you mentioned that you got education visa but then you said you got it for 8 months because of educational 2nd test which is... doesnt make any sense. is it like you found a new work to teach and they ask you to take teacher license exam? is that what you mean by educational visa? if so.. thats totally wrong. you can get a letter from the minister of education for 2 years and you can teach any school you want.. just must change the school every 2 years. and yes, at some point you need to take the test. but again i have no idea what you mean by 2nd test?!

And to be honest if you cannot have the right visa to stay and live in thailand (which looks like you are trying to stay here as long as you can) well.. im sorry but i dont think anyone can help you about this. Abusing the system is not the answer. Soon or later.. thats it.. the end

i think you need to be more clear with your visa situation.. and all of with this educational visa thing..

It is actually education visa studying thai that i was studying. Battled with the language and didn't progress far to do the 2nd test to get extensions for a year. All i am asking is advice.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, LauChan said:

It is actually education visa studying thai that i was studying. Battled with the language and didn't progress far to do the 2nd test to get extensions for a year. All i am asking is advice.

I am sure your non-ed visa expired some time ago. You are now on a extension of stay based upon attending a school.

You may have to leave the country to apply for a new non-ed visa at a nearby embassy or official consulate to continue your studies.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LauChan said:

Covid extensions end on August 24th... best study harder next time...
I think your options are limited  inside Thailand.

You may have to exit and find a new entry plan from outside.

Edited by hotchilli