Non O visas, Phnom Penh embassy

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

Unless they have changed they do not issue a multiple entry non-o visa. Prior to covid 19 they did not issue them.

Best to go to Savannakhet Laos to apply for it.

Hi Joe, I had 1 year Non-O visas from Phnom Penh for 3 continuous years pre covid, last 2 years been at the mercy of the immigration for extensions due to travel restrictions. I’m hoping I can get back to doing them again from Phnom Penh, but I’m worried about making a wasted trip..

Laos could be an option though, is it pretty straight forward? 

11 minutes ago, taxin said:

Hi Joe, I had 1 year Non-O visas from Phnom Penh for 3 continuous years pre covid, last 2 years been at the mercy of the immigration for extensions due to travel restrictions. I’m hoping I can get back to doing them again from Phnom Penh, but I’m worried about making a wasted trip..

Thanks for the info but I don't recall any reports about them being done there in the past. 

12 minutes ago, taxin said:

Laos could be an option though, is it pretty straight forward? 

Yes

33 minutes ago, taxin said:

I had 1 year Non-O visas from Phnom Penh for 3 continuous years pre covid

That is extremely interesting. What did they require in the way of financial proof? Did you make the application in person, or use an agent?

1 hour ago, BritTim said:

That is extremely interesting. What did they require in the way of financial proof? Did you make the application in person, or use an agent?

I did it in person, they asked for bank statements as financial proof. From memory they were not accepting applications from agents for non O’s, only tourist visas.

2 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Thanks for the info but I don't recall any reports about them being done there in the past. 

Yes

Thanks Joe, do you know if Savanakhet are issuing one year multiple entry, or is it only 90 day single entry  And do you know if Vientiane are offering the same? 

2 hours ago, taxin said:

Thanks Joe, do you know if Savanakhet are issuing one year multiple entry, or is it only 90 day single entry  And do you know if Vientiane are offering the same? 

Savannakhet are offering multiple entry Non O for visiting Thai spouse. Vientiane is only giving single entry visas.

Edited by BritTim
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Yes

The OP didn't made any mention of wanting a multi-entry visa in the post you originally responded to. But he did in a later post. His original post could have been more specific about what he was actually seeking.

31 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

The OP didn't made any mention of wanting a multi-entry visa in the post you originally responded to. But he did in a later post. His original post could have been more specific about what he was actually seeking.

He wrote he wanted a one year non-o visa and that would be a multiple entry visa.

4 hours ago, Searat7 said:

I was looking at getting a Non O in Phnom Penh but they require processing time which causes you to be there for a week (Non O only). Tourist visas there very quick.

The last few times I applied it was done in 2 days, apply in the morning, pick up next afternoon. On the pick up day I checked out my hotel and went straight to the embassy, my taxi driver waited for me outside and took me the airport for my flight to Bkk, I was back in Bkk by 7pm.

Anyway it’s irrelevant as this is all pre-Covid, I’m concerned about post-Covid.

• Confused 1

11 minutes ago, taxin said:

Anyway it’s irrelevant as this is all pre-Covid, I’m concerned about post-Covid.

This from the embassy website.

" Visa processing times (including day of submission and day of pickup)*
          3 working days for Tourist visas, Non-Immigrant Labour visas for Cambodian migrant workers (for example, if you apply on Monday, you can pick up your passport on Wendesday)
          5 working days for other Non-Immigrant visas (for example, if you apply on Monday, you can pick up your passport on the next Monday)"

Source: https://phnompenh.thaiembassy.org/en/publicservice/steps-to-take-for-traveling-to-thailand-as-a-foreigner?page=5d73b14415e39c46f40076a1&menu=5f4a095203523246a464a632