Apple Security Flaw

PFMills

I read in The Guardian today that Apple have found a security flaw in certain iPhones and iPads. I’m not much up on things like this. Should I be concerned having an iPhone XS and an iPad 9. thank you for any advice.

^ +1

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT213412

iOS 15.6.1 and iPadOS 15.6.1

Released August 17, 2022

Kernel

Available for: iPhone 6s and later, iPad Pro (all models), iPad Air 2 and later, iPad 5th generation and later, iPad mini 4 and later, and iPod touch (7th generation)

Impact: An application may be able to execute arbitrary code with kernel privileges. Apple is aware of a report that this issue may have been actively exploited.

Description: An out-of-bounds write issue was addressed with improved bounds checking.

CVE-2022-32894: an anonymous researcher

29 minutes ago, PFMills said:

I read in The Guardian today that Apple have found a security flaw in certain iPhones and iPads. I’m not much up on things like this. Should I be concerned having an iPhone XS and an iPad 9. thank you for any advice.

I have yet to have any security problems with any of my apple devices, I’ve had numerous iPads from the iPad 3 and iPhones since the SE. Apple is proactive in fixing problems, I virtually never get concerned as long as I’m reasonably up to date.

However I do have different passwords and user names for all websites and control them using 1Password 

• Like 1