Obtaining an eVisa while outside of your home country

33 minutes ago, travelerjim said:

You need to show PROOF you are traveling from the UK

Not so in my case. Twice this year. The Embassy in Paris. The online application did ask for proof I was French resident as I submitted a British passport. No problem as I have a residency card for France. At some point it asked for a flight number. I hadn't actually booked hen I made each application so I put in one that I thought I might book with KLM from Amsterdam. No evidence of that as a booking was required. 

Various other things were required as I was applying for a 90 day non O by marriage, including recent bank statement ( French bank) showing I think about at least €7,000 in it and an invitation letter from wife which on the second occasion was deemed unacceptable, although it was much the same as the first. Fortunately they emailed me rather than rejecting. But by then time was running out as they had sat on the application for over 2 weeks during which I had booked a flight. Then told the letter must be on A4 size, typed, expressly inviting me to stay with her at "full address" for " X number of days" and her phone number ( given anyway as part of the application form), signed and dated. Several exchanges of emails later and after I'd suggested they call my wife who simply couldn't comprehend all this ( oh, we don't do that) a superior agreed to let it pass but I was told to get it right next time.

• Like 1