Recommendation for Gardener near Bo sang?

Dean1953

After an absence of 3.5 years, I’ll be back in 2 weeks for 2 months.  My wife inherited a house in the Hong Dong area about a year ago but it is in bad shape.  I’ll have to decide if it can be fixed and whether it’s worthwhile.   I’ll also be working on my house, which includes landscaping required after my last tenants left early in April, 2020.  They wouldn’t let anyone on property, primarily to activate the sprinkler system.    I’m posting a picture of 2 mature tress planted in March, 2019.  The tree in the middle of the picture is fine.  The coconut tree in the background to the right died.  Besides planting trees, I’m still looking for a Gardner that can spend a couple of days a month at my house.  I’m tired of paying my next door neighbor 3,000 baht every time that he cuts it     I’m looking at buying a riding lawn mower, preferably used in good shape, either on this visit or on my next trip in 2 years.  The plan is to move back for good in 4 years when my son graduates from high school. If anyone knows of any gardeners in the Bo sang area, please let me know.   

8B500674-D3BD-48B2-8853-5D2B6FEEC9CA.png

A bit confused.. what does property in Bo Sang have to do with Hang Dong? 

Do you want a gardener or a tree trimmer? These are 2 different jobs... as would be Hang Dong and Bor sang?? 

How much land do you have - never saw a Thai on a riding mower..

And is the job temporary now but permanent in 4 years? Do you just want some people to clean things up now? 

Edited by 1FinickyOne
  • Like 1

The inherited house in Hong Dong came up a year ago and is the principal reason for my trip.  From what I understand, it needs a new roof and other work. While that is my priority in seeing it structurally fixed so it can be rented out the next 4 years and I can recoup the money that I am using to fix it.  
I will also be doing work on my house in Bo sang. The interior is fine. It’s just landscaping, repairing cracks in the perimeter cinderblock wall, and some other things that I may do now or wait until I move back permanently in 4 years. I’ll wait until I move back to replace existing grass with new sod.  I’m bringing with me 24 new Hunter sprinkler heads for my sprinkler system.   The system uses well water which has lots of minerals in it that clog the heads. Between the 2 houses, and getting 3 dental crowns, I’ll be fairly busy. 

2 hours ago, Dean1953 said:

The inherited house in Hong Dong came up a year ago and is the principal reason for my trip.  From what I understand, it needs a new roof and other work. While that is my priority in seeing it structurally fixed so it can be rented out the next 4 years and I can recoup the money that I am using to fix it.  
I will also be doing work on my house in Bo sang. The interior is fine. It’s just landscaping, repairing cracks in the perimeter cinderblock wall, and some other things that I may do now or wait until I move back permanently in 4 years. I’ll wait until I move back to replace existing grass with new sod.  I’m bringing with me 24 new Hunter sprinkler heads for my sprinkler system.   The system uses well water which has lots of minerals in it that clog the heads. Between the 2 houses, and getting 3 dental crowns, I’ll be fairly busy. 

What color hat will you wear?

well he told us everything else

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Dean1953 said:

Finding someone who isnt  lazy/useless is a  difficult  task, in over 10  years Ive had only two good workers, the rest are  useless. Many start off  ok then within anything from a  day to a month degenerate.

Ive been through countless  staff. They simply  have no motivation and salary IS  irrelevant....so ignore the pay peanuts get monkeys brigade of know it  alls  who are bound to throw  in their drivel here.

I  have one guy  lives  on site, he gets 15k going up  a  1000 a  year + many other benefits, he  might stay 18  months then gets  bored, he  keeps  coming back after some time away, he doesnt drink..many do.

Used him on and off for  those 10  years. I can leave him alone he will get on with it, many when you  have gone will sit  on their lazy asses all day.

He  can take  care of 15 rai with no problem, often had two staff previously who cant even manage  it as they were   lazy whingers.

Your chance of finding  someone reliable  honest decnt   are  ....well...........slim.

I include a motorbike, food, house, electric  water etc

Monthly will work out cheaper than by the job probably .

Edited by Rampant Rabbit
  • Like 1

I’ve got a decent husqvarna lawn mower but the guy across the street doesn’t want to use it.  He uses his weed eater that has a metal blade. I’ll probably take the lawn mower to get it tuned up.  I’ll only look at riding lawn mower if I decide not to fix the roof on my wife’s Hang Dong house. I’ll just keep looking at Moo vans for lawn cutting crews