House Committee Reveals Key Cannabis & Hemp Bill Features

webfact

4 hours ago, webfact said:

– People who want to grow cannabis plants for personal use will be limited to 15 plants per household. They can register in one day and pay no registration fees.

So far this looks like a step in the right direction. Just wondering about the level of THC allowed though. In my opinion, sending people to jail for simple possession, or growing their own supply is wrong any way you slice it. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, webfact said:

It also prohibits the online and vending machine sale of cannabis and hemp, their extracts, and food containing cannabis and hemp, as well as promotional and marketing campaigns.

Huge buzz kill...

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, SunnyinBangrak said:

Yes, it would seem this is intending to push farmers to using middlemen rather than selling directly to customers and earning decent money. After banning online sales the farmers will be forced to accept low prices for their product and middlemen will be making the most, and I can hazard a good guess who these middlemen comprise of.

Everything here happens for a reason.

Lazada and Shopee and online stores....That's a easy kill......

But the online Facebook and Line groups......Well, lol........They are going to be playing wack-a-mole  endlessly trying to stop online sales there.........Online sales won't be stopping there ever....

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, SunnyinBangrak said:

Yes, it would seem this is intending to push farmers to using middlemen rather than selling directly to customers and earning decent money. After banning online sales the farmers will be forced to accept low prices for their product and middlemen will be making the most, and I can hazard a good guess who these middlemen comprise of.

Everything here happens for a reason.

Not sure.

Seems to follow alcohol which isn't allowed to be sold online or advertised online.

One can't even post beer / wine / whiskey in FB posts ... they count that as advertising.

Farmers today are mostly selling to weed dispensaries as far as I can tell.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HaoleBoy said:

Not sure.

Seems to follow alcohol which isn't allowed to be sold online or advertised online.

One can't even post beer / wine / whiskey in FB posts ... they count that as advertising.

Farmers today are mostly selling to weed dispensaries as far as I can tell.

Considering the VAST and easy availability of alcohol, the online ban did not make much difference.....Plus you only have to be a member( wink wink nudge nudge) to still buy alcohol from online shops now.....

Maybe the  online weed shops will do the same....Members only sales...

10 hours ago, HaoleBoy said:

Nothing about forbidding the sale of Cannabis flowers / buds.
So will all the weed dispensaries be able to stay open after this bill becomes law?

Seems "recreational" use will be allowed.

So flowers and buds are not hemp or cannabis?

Where do they come from?

Just askin'.

Edited by overherebc