Flights Between Thailand and China Likely to Increase in September

webfact

image.jpeg

by Natthaphon Sangpolsit

BANGKOK (NNT) - Passenger flights between Thailand and China could see a five-fold increase in September, as authorities discuss adding more scheduled flights between the two nations.

According to the Civil Aviation Authority of Thailand (CAAT), the Civil Aviation Administration of China (CAAC) recently contacted the authority about the possibility of increasing passenger flights between China and Thailand. The CAAC proposed increasing the number of flights from three to fifteen per week.

The CAAC also requested a list of Thai airlines interested in flying to China so that Chinese airports could prepare for increased traffic. In response to this request, the CAAT met with Thai airline operators to assess their interest, with the intention of submitting the flight plan to the CAAC by this week.

The CAAT acknowledges that China is still maintaining strict disease control measures and that additional flights would prioritize business or necessary trips between the two countries. However, the CAAT said Thai authorities are preparing for more arrivals when China relaxes its travel restrictions.

Source: https://thainews.prd.go.th/en/news/detail/TCATG220821154026520

nnt.jpg
-- © Copyright NNT 2022-08-22

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Monthly car subscription with first-class insurance, 24x7 assistance and more in one price - click here to find out more!

• Confused 2
  • Sad 3
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, arithai12 said:

I beg to differ.

First, because the bulk of Chinese tourists were in group tours organized by Chinese companies, with all flights by Chinese carriers and accomodation, food, sightseeing payed in advance and the money never leaving China.

Second, because in general "as many as possible" is a recipe for suicide. For a given infrastructure level and balancing with the impact on natural resources, every country should have a maximum number above which tourism starts to choke on itself. In Thailand, the 40M numbers pre-covid were madness.

I do agree that Thailand needs Chinese tourists, especially independent travellers, I just hope with some moderation and long-term view.

Its nice for people to have a differing opinion as that after all is what a forum is about. I much appreciate your counter post and how pleasant  it was for somebody to reply without a hint of bickering or intent on Trolling that some others on here are renowned for. and must say what you have put forward has much merit for which I thank you.