ray richards

3 minutes ago, ray richards said:

Thanks ubonjoe, I'm best booking return flight to the uk within the 30 days allowed visa exempt entry & cancel the flight for me to stay in Thailand for a full 90 or 120 days by using an immigration agent.

No you're not!

Who are you flying with?

Eg on Thai Airways you can get a return valid up to nearly a year and can then change the date at will.

Best option is to book a cheap single to a neighbouring country for about £50.

RAZZ

Hi RAZZELL.

I will be flying with Qatar or Emirates out of Manchester uk December, I'm 77 yrs old male, uninsurable because of terminal bowel cancer & I will stay in Thailand 3 or 4 months which should give me a better way of life than mumping around the UK.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

The airline can ask to see a ticket out of the country within 30 days of arrival. That is the requirement for a visa exempt entry.

There is nothing to stop you doing a land border run to a neighbouring country. The airline can ask but show them a hotel booking which most hotels in Cambodia will allow you to cancel later for free.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, fgmr said:

There is nothing to stop you doing a land border run to a neighbouring country. The airline can ask but show them a hotel booking which most hotels in Cambodia will allow you to cancel later for free.

The airline will not accept a hotel booking in lieu of an onward flight booking. They will not even accept on international bus ticket leaving Thailand.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/24/2022 at 4:06 AM, BritTim said:

The airline will not accept a hotel booking in lieu of an onward flight booking. They will not even accept on international bus ticket leaving Thailand.

During the last 18 months I have flown from the UK with Emirates and Qatar Air. I have never been asked to show onward flight.

• Haha 1