visa on arrival or visa exemption

Thinking of coming back to Thailand for holiday next month. (UK citizen).

Thai immigration website says nothing about visa exemption for holiday or visa on arrival apart from a list of countries which have this. The website says there are 28 countries but only lists 19, most of which is an obscure list. Where is the UK in this?

Visa on arrival also only gives 15 days presumably for just visa on arrival countries? However, I can't see anything about visa exemption countries like UK on the website?

Thai embassy website: https://london.thaiembassy.org/en/publicservice/115123-visa-on-arrival?page=5d6636cd15e39c3bd00072dd&menu=5f4b6eb3f6ae4b236972c562

What is the upto date position for tourist visa, prefably for upto 30 days? I have full covid vaccination too

Edited by bobbymack

14 hours ago, bobbymack said:

Ignore my post above. It's been a while. I can now see that no visa required (visa exemption) as it used to be upto 30 days. 

Starting October 1 it will be forty-five (45) days on visa-exempt entry (assuming publication in the Royal Gazette before then, which is highly likely).  This is extendable an extra 30 days upon application at your local immigration office and payment of 1,900 baht.

My wife and I are returning to Chiang Mai after 6 years in California.  The U.S. Department of State has a page that confirms that U. S. citizens are Visa Exempt and can get a Visa upon landing. 

I tried for over two months to get a STV 90 day Tourist Visa from the Thai Consulate in Los Angeles.  It was all to no avail.  

I am sure that the UK is on the visa exempt list, but the best bet is to check for your Foreign Service folks and confirm it.

9 hours ago, Balance said:

My wife and I are returning to Chiang Mai after 6 years in California.  The U.S. Department of State has a page that confirms that U. S. citizens are Visa Exempt and can get a Visa upon landing. 

I tried for over two months to get a STV 90 day Tourist Visa from the Thai Consulate in Los Angeles.  It was all to no avail.  

I am sure that the UK is on the visa exempt list, but the best bet is to check for your Foreign Service folks and confirm it.

Several misunderstandings.

U.S. Citizens are not Visa Exempt in Thailand and can not get a visa on landing.

you can come without a visa and enter visa exempt (currently 30 days going up to 45 days soon) this can be extended for 30 days.

The Tourist Visa “TR” Single entry is for 60 days not 90 days (this can be extended for 30 days)

If your wife is Thai then the Non-Immigrant Visa Category “O” visa is available this is a 90 day visa.

The U.K. is one of the 64 countries on the visa exempt list