Is it possible to use an AVR in this temporarily configuration?

Max Brok

I live 400 meters from the closest elect. pole for a electric meter of PEA. We share electricity with sister of my wife and suffer together the thin line of her, 6 square mm. When someone is ironing the voltage drops to 185 Volts. So we can not run an airco.

But in future the PEA will expand the poles to our house.

In the time being I will use my own meter and a temporary line 400 meters 16 square mm THW(A) with an AVR 15KVa Voltage Stabilizer with Input 120V-270V Output 220V Household Automatic stabilised  Tool TM-15000VA. On Aliexpress about 6000 Baht with transport costs. I will connect a 12000 BTU Daikin AC with inverter as highest consumer and a Mitsubishi 250 Watts pump. The Sharp shower heater of 3500 Watts I wisely not use. Would it possible to use my small welding equipment, it is one with inverter and use it max 120 AMPS for welding.

If one give me wise advice I appreciate it very much. Improvements which will help me are also welcome

Have a look at my pinned AVR thread but I think it's do-able.

Will you take your sub-meter and 16mm2 direct from the existing meter or still suffer the run of 6mm2?

Is the existing meter a 5/15? Whilst you are not likely to blow it up it will lose accuracy if loaded past 15A (bet it won't read low) and I wouldn't take it past 30A.

3 hours ago, Crossy said:

Have a look at my pinned AVR thread but I think it's do-able.

Will you take your sub-meter and 16mm2 direct from the existing meter or still suffer the run of 6mm2?

Is the existing meter a 5/15? Whilst you are not likely to blow it up it will lose accuracy if loaded past 15A (bet it won't read low) and I wouldn't take it past 30A.

I reed your pinned AVR, that is why I liked to hear your comment.

I go to request a 15/45 meter alone for my house and use the 16 square THW A line/wire and place the AVR next to my CU. Later if I get the meter in front of my house we can donate all to an other victim of the PEA????

We wait already 3 years and not want to donate 800 meters 50 Square mm THW A and 15 steel poles insulaters etc.

Regards, Max

• Like 1