Using our Thailand ATM Card to draw cash overseas

42 minutes ago, PJ71 said:

I've used my BKK bank ATM card in other asian countries / europe / middle east and west africa, no issues, fees are high.

better to take out as much as possible in one go to limit transaction fees.

If there is a fixed percentage, as someone suggested 2.5%, then the more you withdraw, you more you will be charged.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, thairookie said:

If there is a fixed percentage, as someone suggested 2.5%, then the more you withdraw, you more you will be charged.

In my experience it was the same charge per transaction.

150 baht i think it was most places.

• Like 1

I use my Kasikorn Bank ATM card, which is a Visa debit card, quite often for ATM withdrawals abroad. It works fine. 

Kasikorn Bank charges 100 Baht per transaction. On top of that, there's a currency conversion fee (2-3%), and there might also be a fee added by the foreign bank owning the ATM which varies. 

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Caldera said:

I use my Kasikorn Bank ATM card, which is a Visa debit card, quite often for ATM withdrawals abroad. It works fine. 

Kasikorn Bank charges 100 Baht per transaction. On top of that, there's a currency conversion fee (2-3%), and there might also be a fee added by the foreign bank owning the ATM which varies. 

Is there a need to inform KBank the ATM card will be used overseas some how beforehand or not? I wouldn't want it blocked as a security feature of theirs?

4 hours ago, Hamus Yaigh said:

Is there a need to inform KBank the ATM card will be used overseas some how beforehand or not? I wouldn't want it blocked as a security feature of theirs?

I've never informed them and it has never been a problem. I had asked them about it and the response was a shrug, so I'm not sure if they even have a procedure for this. 

• Thanks 1