Thai ID card after PR

7 hours ago, The Hammer2021 said:

Why would you want one?

And what is PR?

I'm also intrigued  by the  notion of Pink, Blue and Yellow books but me here for decades has never even considered one. I would prefer Blue if I had the choice because  my vaccination certificate  is yellow

Red is possible in your case.

28 minutes ago, rimmae2 said:

When you obtain a new PP you have to inform Bank for one. No need with ID card.

The same applies for anything that a passport has been used for, a new passport and you need to run around updating banks, license, contracts etc. And you cant use a PP to update or prove your address

3 hours ago, Peterw42 said:

The same applies for anything that a passport has been used for, a new passport and you need to run around updating banks, license, contracts etc. And you cant use a PP to update or prove your address

Yes I am aware - only mentioned a basic item for the uninitiated. I don't use my PP for anything apart from for international travel.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, The Hammer2021 said:

Does a DL work?

For some things a DL works as proof of address, important things its usually a resident certificate from immigration, or (in theory) yellowbook/pink ID

13 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

For some things a DL works as proof of address, important things its usually a resident certificate from immigration, or (in theory) yellowbook/pink ID

I just use my rental contract....Ah but I always  use an agent for everything or perhaps  never do anything  important

Edited by The Hammer2021

9 hours ago, rimmae2 said:

Totally ignorant comment. I did not need any witnesses as Scorecards experience and in any case staff in the office would witness. Not an issue.

Further.. why would there be any regulation/need for 2 Thai nationals to witness...???

In fact as people move along the path to getting PR, then name in Tabien Baan book, usually with original passport as a proof of identity... why would there be any need for 2 Thai folks to be involved? What for? 

Edited by scorecard

18 hours ago, AsianAtHeart said:

Those appear to be some of the requirements for Thai citizenship, not PR.  Are you sure that those apply to PR, as in, you must pay tax on X income for three years before you will be eligible for PR?

Its the PR requirement, Detailed list of documents here -

https://bangkok.immigration.go.th/wp-content/uploads/1.2.2-Notification-of-Immigration-Commissionมีครุฑ.pdf

https://bangkok.immigration.go.th/wp-content/uploads/2.4เอกสารประกอบภาษาอังกฤษ-2564.pdf

• Like 1

On 8/26/2022 at 9:56 AM, Peterw42 said:

Local Ampher will issue the card but it wont be a blue Thai ID, it will be a Pink non-Thai ID card. PR gets the same ID card as expats, migrant workers, stateless etc.

'expats' .  .  .  .  .  is that a new visa category?

55 minutes ago, DrJoy said:

Thank you for linking to the source documents.  I've recently been reviewing those very documents, but haven't gotten through all of the material yet.  As I suspected, though, it does appear you had been referring, not to the PR requirements, but to the requirements for citizenship.  You had said:

It requires 3 yrs of Work Permit, salary of 80k THB a month, tax payments on that salary.

Non B or Non O (Thai Wife ) visa only, salary of 40k THB a month if married to a Thai lady.

The links you provided for the PR make no mention of 40k.  In section 3 (3.3.1; 3.3.2; 3.3.3) of the 1.2.2 document, for example, it quotes a 30k figure and for 2 years instead of 3.  There is a 50k figure and an 80k figure, but, again, for 2 years except for some 5-year requirement for an investment case.

The 3-year requirements you earlier stated are mentioned in the citizenship requirements here:  https://www.bora.dopa.go.th/nationclinic/NewHTML/Section10.htm

(That link is Thai--I've seen it in English but cannot seem to relocate it.  Google Translate does pretty well, apart from its 5000-character limit.  I can read Thai, but I can speed read English.)

32 minutes ago, AsianAtHeart said:

it quotes a 30k figure and for 2 years instead of 3. 

This is for peope who are married to a Thai lady, the marriage cert should be 2 years old.

People rarely take that route, the best is on the basis of working for a Thai company for 3 yrs.

PR and citizenship have similar salary requirements thats why you are getting confused.

If youre unmarried or have a non Thai wife the threshold is 80,000 baht a month, half if married to a Thai lady.

3 yrs of tax payments on 80 k salary is required in any category (Por Ngor Dor 91)

Those men married to Thai lady can skip PR and apply for Thai citizenship directly.

Single/Non Thai wife applicants have to obtain PR first ,wait for 5 years, then can apply.

If you need Checklist for Thai citizenship, do let me know.

Edited by DrJoy

2 minutes ago, DrJoy said:

If you need Checklist for Thai citizenship, do let me know.

Yes, I would appreciate it.  I'm currently printing out and organizing all such information in a 3-ring binder, preparing to go through the (torturous) process in order to alleviate the (equally torturous) mess of paperwork and effort required every year and even every 90 days (my area does not permit online 90-day reports).

• Like 1

On 8/27/2022 at 11:47 PM, The Hammer2021 said:

Why would you want one?

And what is PR?

I'm also intrigued  by the  notion of Pink, Blue and Yellow books but me here for decades has never even considered one. I would prefer Blue if I had the choice because  my vaccination certificate  is yellow

Then you haven't learned much.......But that's OK, crack on.......????

1 hour ago, DrJoy said:

Here you go

Thank you, that's just what I was looking for.  Pasting the Thai title from that into an online search even gave me its official source, which is very helpful.  It's hard, as a foreigner, to know what key words to search for to find things.  Now I'll be able to browse around the rest of their website for additional resources.  Thank you so much.

For others wanting the source:

https://sbpolice.go.th/page/ยึนคำขอแปลงสัญชาดิเป็นไทย_143.html