Latest date to apply for Marriage Visa Extension

Good morning all,

What is the latest date you can apply for the above? Can you leave it until the very last day your visa expires and then be given the one month under consideration, or must the application be submitted before that?

My visa expires on 19th April 2023 which is just after Songkran.

Does the extension visa also require witnesses like the first visa?

How long does it take to process, one month as per the original application?

Thanks in advance.

Edited by stament

You can apply for the extension of stay up to the last day of your current one expires. You would get the normal 30 day under consideration stamp.

Whether witnesses are required or not depends upon the office where you apply for the extension.

It will probably take about the same amount of time for the approval as for the first one.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

You can apply for the extension of stay up to the last day of your current one expires. You would get the normal 30 day under consideration stamp.

Whether witnesses are required or not depends upon the office where you apply for the extension.

It will probably take about the same amount of time for the approval as for the first one.

Great, hugely appreciated as always UbonJoe. I was hoping you would respond. ????????

Out of interest @ubonjoeI have seems lots of comments saying that it is easier to renew, compared to applying for the initial visa.  I thought this referred to the docimentstion. However, the paperwork all looks the same to me. Am I missing something, what makes it easier?

7 minutes ago, stament said:

Out of interest @ubonjoeI have seems lots of comments saying that it is easier to renew, compared to applying for the initial visa.  I thought this referred to the docimentstion. However, the paperwork all looks the same to me. Am I missing something, what makes it easier?

It will always be about the same for every extension of stay application.

The only difference may be the need for witnesses and a home visit after the first one is applied for. That depends upon the office where you apply.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

It will always be about the same for every extension of stay application.

The only difference may be the need for witnesses and a home visit after the first one is applied for. That depends upon the office where you apply.

Ok, I thought so as the paperwork looks the same. I will ask when I go for my 90 day reporting next week at Chiang Mai.

In Hua Hin you need a witness who confirms you really are married and staying at declared address for every extension, but no home visit after the initial application. You can renew as early as 45 days before expiry, then you are asked to come back after 30 days to get the extension stamp.

At my office your wife must be with when you submit the visa extension paperwork.

One set from you and signed by you and my wife has a set that she signs.

No wife no extension.

Your office of course might be different but I would definitely ask before hand.

5 hours ago, Andycoops said:

At my office your wife must be with when you submit the visa extension paperwork.

One set from you and signed by you and my wife has a set that she signs.

No wife no extension.

Your office of course might be different but I would definitely ask before hand.

Yes in Chiang Mai your wife must also be present, I expect that is the case at all offices.

On 8/29/2022 at 1:42 PM, Thalueng said:

In Hua Hin you need a witness who confirms you really are married and staying at declared address for every extension, but no home visit after the initial application. You can renew as early as 45 days before expiry, then you are asked to come back after 30 days to get the extension stamp.

In udon you can also apply as early as 45 days before expiry. But the under consideration will be 30 days after expiration, so it can be 75 days.

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/1/2022 at 10:56 AM, walailak said:

Thank you so much for your prompt reply, I will make an online appointment asap for Sep 30th!!

@ubonjoe

Just a quick clarification... I deposited the money on the 31 of July so going in on the 30th September would that satisfy the 2 months money in the bank option OR I'm pushing it?

Should I change my appointment to the Monday 3rd of October?

Thank you in advance 

Walailak 

12 hours ago, walailak said:

Just a quick clarification... I deposited the money on the 31 of July so going in on the 30th September would that satisfy the 2 months money in the bank option OR I'm pushing it?

It is two months from the day the money was deposited. That would be the 31st of September if there were 31 days in the month. I would do it no earlier than October 3rd.

• Thanks 1