Anyone with experience on working with hospital to get a Non-Imm O Medical Visa?

Hello all,  I am 70 y/o and having some serious pain in my back that requires surgery.  Severe pain so in my eyes it is pretty urgent.  I'm in Bangkok now on a 60 day Covid Visa that expires in a few weeks.  I am thinking of using Vejthani Hospital because they have a spine surgeon with extensive training in USA and at Stanford and Cornell.  I have no clue on how hospitals do a visa for you or how it works. Do I have to do it from outside Thailand?  Can I do the consult with the doctor and then if he concurs (2nd opinion at Vejthani) that I need surgery then do they send me to the hospital Visa office to start the process?  Would they do a visa for a spine surgery? I would think since I am going to pay a lot of money for their surgery that they would be happy to help with the visa.  I think my spine care will be lengthy so I'll need a long tem visa.  Thanks all in advance!  ☺

If possible, have the hospital apply for the extension on your behalf. The hospital will typically only do this once you have been admitted. If you turn up to Immigration just with a doctor's letter, you may get a very sceptical reaction. Requests made in person for medical extensions are refused more often than not, even if you can make a good case that you are unfit to travel.

• Like 1