WRLife Health Insurance

Chris Setchell

I know this has been discussed before but just want to hear if anyone has had current experience with WRLife as I have. My situation is that I have been with them since March this year, then saw an article about them being a Brokerage only, which I followed up with them & they advised that their main Health cover is with AIS ( http://assitinter.com/main/ ). Now as I am 72 years old my , followed up AIS only to be informed that they do not cover people over 70 years old & when I contacted WRLife, through numerous emails did not get the answer as to how they could get cover. I have not made a claim & have not seen anyone's remarks where they have & been declined. If anyone has had issues would be great to hear!

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

By the sound of the op you aren't covered over 70 anyway, of course only if you claim

OP was referring only to a specific insurer (he says AIS, but I can't find any insurer by that name except for a US company that insures within the US, and the link he gives does not open so maybe there is a typo.) and while this is stated to be the "main" insurer WRLife uses it is presumably not the only one.

Note that the ages which a company will insure and the age at which they will newly insure, are not the same thing. A company might newly enroll people only up to age 65 or 70 but continue to cover them for life. What is the case with the stated insurer ("AIS")  I can't say as I don't know who can't find a health insurance company by that name (other than in the US) and the link does nto open. 

@Chris Setchell   have you typed this link correctly? Doesn't open for me.

WrLife Claim settlement
If you contact any hospital our name to tell is ASSIST INTERNATIONAL SERVICES
Emergency Call Center (24 hours in Bangkok (English and Thai languages)
+66(0)953697939 mobile for emergency
Landline: Tel +66(0)27197831, Fax +66(0)27197830 [email protected]

https://www.wrlife.net/documents/WRLIFE CLAIM SETTLEMENT PROCESS.pdf

Edited by jerrymahoney

55 minutes ago, jerrymahoney said:

WrLife Claim settlement
If you contact any hospital our name to tell is ASSIST INTERNATIONAL SERVICES
Emergency Call Center (24 hours in Bangkok (English and Thai languages)
+66(0)953697939 mobile for emergency
Landline: Tel +66(0)27197831, Fax +66(0)27197830 [email protected]

https://www.wrlife.net/documents/WRLIFE CLAIM SETTLEMENT PROCESS.pdf

That type of company just processes the claim, just admin

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Yes similar companies when making travel insurance claims 

I talked to AIS when making my claim for WrLife -- you know the one they couldn't deny based upon pre-existing conditions because it was from an accident.

But they would have had, at least for me, a hard time denying any claim of mine based upon pre-existing conditions  as I had no pre-existing conditions. In fact I just filled out a life insurance application a month or so before applying to WrLife as below,. And my life insurance policy was accepted.

mtl spplication p2.jpg

16 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Is it in your policy document? if not don't bank on it

It is not in my policy because I took that out in February, but I have email from Mr Lorentz, the CEO, saying that I am covered. Whether that is legally binding is anyone's guess.

I shall ask him for an updated policy document. Will let you all know the answer.

Edited by KannikaP

On 9/1/2022 at 1:51 PM, jerrymahoney said:

I talked to AIS when making my claim for WrLife -- you know the one they couldn't deny based upon pre-existing conditions because it was from an accident.

But they would have had, at least for me, a hard time denying any claim of mine based upon pre-existing conditions  as I had no pre-existing conditions. In fact I just filled out a life insurance application a month or so before applying to WrLife as below,. And my life insurance policy was accepted.

mtl spplication p2.jpg

Interesting. Isn't No.6 rather silly asking if husband or wife has been diagnosed with things?

On 9/1/2022 at 1:51 PM, jerrymahoney said:

mtl spplication p2.jpg

You didn't say what answers you put to get it approved.

10 hours ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Crazy question. What if you have any family members who have already died from one of those diseases?

That was for a life insurance policy.

So when the WrLife application form asked for :

MEDICAL PREEXISTING CONDITIONS (IF ANY):
past or present sickness, past surgery,
medicine taken:

I had just provided a complete medical history as to the life insurance form so I already had it for WrLife including 15 years of no claims with BUPA & CIGNA Global.

Edited by jerrymahoney