Why are you proud to be gay?

ivor bigun

My guess is that you are a white male who has never experienced the indignities of being LGBTQ, colored, female or a member of any ethnic minority. That would be me as well, but I think I can appreciate the pride and joy that accrues to those who are finally experiencing at least some liberation from the white patriarchy which has presided over humanity from time inmemorial.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

8 minutes ago, ChristianBlessing said:

My guess is that you are a white male who has never experienced the indignities of being LGBTQ, colored, female or a member of any ethnic minority. That would be me as well, but I think I can appreciate the pride and joy that accrues to those who are finally experiencing at least some liberation from the white patriarchy which has presided over humanity from time inmemorial.

"Proud", I am not proud of what I am, that seems to be a USA word, that is used near all the time, like "Good job", when folk may have made a mess of it.........?  ????

Is this one of the obigatory monthly posts regarding gays?  For all the waling and knashing of teeth over reported discrimination never have I seen a group go to such great lengths to disclose the reason that they are reportedly discriminated against.  

With racism, the persons skin color is obvious, sexual preference is not.  There has to be some crying need for affirmation because of self doubt that is the reason why the LGBT community keeps parading their lifestyle in everyones face and apparently asking for affirmation of it. 

You are gay, great.  Most people when asked to describe themselves talk about their family, being a parent, an occupation, their faith, maybe their educational background. They don't have this self image that revolves soley around who they prefer to have sex with. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Longwood50 said:

Is this one of the obigatory monthly posts regarding gays?  For all the waling and knashing of teeth over reported discrimination never have I seen a group go to such great lengths to disclose the reason that they are reportedly discriminated against.  

With racism, the persons skin color is obvious, sexual preference is not.  There has to be some crying need for affirmation because of self doubt that is the reason why the LGBT community keeps parading their lifestyle in everyones face and apparently asking for affirmation of it. 

You are gay, great.  Most people when asked to describe themselves talk about their family, being a parent, an occupation, their faith, maybe their educational background. They don't have this self image that revolves soley around who they prefer to have sex with. 

I was applying for a job recently in the West and the application form predominantly stated how inclusive they were and they didn't discriminate against anyone and how they fully accept people whatever their sexuality , Race , Gender or Religion .

Then they asked numerous questions about my sexuality , even asking whether I was "Bi-Curious" and I wondered why my future Boss would want to know those kinds of things 

10 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

I was applying for a job recently in the West and the application form predominantly stated how inclusive they were and they didn't discriminate against anyone and how they fully accept people whatever their sexuality , Race , Gender or Religion .

Then they asked numerous questions about my sexuality , even asking whether I was "Bi-Curious" and I wondered why my future Boss would want to know those kinds of things 

Perhaps he fancied you,you never know.

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

I find that to be extremely odd.  They are not suppose to ask any questions regarding your religion, your political affiliation, or sexual orientation.  I would 'think" they broke the law. 

• Like 1

On 8/31/2022 at 5:30 AM, Mac Mickmanus said:

That would be a rather old fashioned White supremacist mentality .

People these days do not regard the groups you mentioned as being "undignified" or anything other as just being people .

People these days aren't usually bothered by anyone else's skin colour, ethnicity or sexual orientation or gender  

I'm not racist, just practical. The only things that bother me are things like "driving while Asian" and the like (like my Thai wife).  Woof!  ????

I don't buy into all this "racist" stuff. It's cultural, and one can go anywhere and find local "cultures" that bug the <deleted> out of you. 

• Thanks 1

On 9/2/2022 at 5:55 PM, Jingthing said:

This topic was obviously started with HOSTILE intent. 

We have enough of that kind of stuff on other topics. I suggest it is best IGNORED or we will keep getting more of these anti LGBT BAITING attempts here.

OP does have a point, BUT, coming from the OP, it was simply baiting, as usual. 

Best ignored.

On 8/31/2022 at 4:20 PM, ChristianBlessing said:

Why not white female?

I think white females are truly the most privileged.

• 4 weeks later...