Thai visa requirements

Hi, for regular tourist visa they want bank statements, proof of income

I dont have 20000bht on my account here in my country. I have 300000 bht on thai bank account and also on paypal

which bank do I need to add exactly? Can be paypal screenshot enough?

and booking hotel proof...is that just booking, or you need to pay for it? Can I use booking and book hotel even though I will not stay there and it will be just for visa application?

Someone might be able to correct me if I am wrong, but it is my understanding that the 20,000 baht (or equivalent in foreign currency) requirement is only met with cash in hand.  If customs/immigration should request to see this when you enter the country, they will not accept any form of plastic, nor any screenshot--only actual cash.  But this is a requirement for admission, not for the visa itself.  I am not able to help you on the visa requirements.

these are the requirements from my embassy in austria

1. Signed declaration form (download HERE)
  2. Travel booking confirmation
  3. Proof of accommodation in Thailand, e.g. accommodation booking reservation, invitation letters from family/friends in Thailand
  4. Financial evidence, e.g. bank statements, proof of earnings, sponsorship letter (20,000 Baht per person and 40,000 Baht per family - for singple entry)
  5. Confirmation of legal residence in a country in which you are applying for the visa. (In case that you are not a national of the country in which you are applying for the visa.)
  6.  Applicant is required to upload his/her passport pages which contain all travel records for the past 12 months (1 year) since the last international trip.
  7. Applicant must apply for e-Visa via specific Embassy/Consulate conforming with his/her consular jurisdiction and residency. Applicant is required to upload document that can verify his/her current residency.
  8. Please upload your picture holding the photo and information page of the passport.
  • Sad 1

15 hours ago, parafareno said:

these are the requirements from my embassy in austria

1. Signed declaration form (download HERE)
  2. Travel booking confirmation
  3. Proof of accommodation in Thailand, e.g. accommodation booking reservation, invitation letters from family/friends in Thailand
  4. Financial evidence, e.g. bank statements, proof of earnings, sponsorship letter (20,000 Baht per person and 40,000 Baht per family - for singple entry)
  5. Confirmation of legal residence in a country in which you are applying for the visa. (In case that you are not a national of the country in which you are applying for the visa.)
  6.  Applicant is required to upload his/her passport pages which contain all travel records for the past 12 months (1 year) since the last international trip.
  7. Applicant must apply for e-Visa via specific Embassy/Consulate conforming with his/her consular jurisdiction and residency. Applicant is required to upload document that can verify his/her current residency.
  8. Please upload your picture holding the photo and information page of the passport.

no wonder many don't want to come anymore

• Like 1

Last Wednesday, I entered Thailand at BKK airport, flying on a 1-way ticket (THAI)  I was given a normal 30 day, no visa entry stamp ,and no questions asked about hotel booking or cash, or onward flight.  At check in at LHR, I ahd to show proof of vaccination, nothing more.

I suggest that you dress reasonably smartly and not look as if you are 'down and out'

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, mrmicbkktxl said:

no wonder many don't want to come anymore

Every country requires verification before issuing a visa, Thailand is no exception to this. Since the vast majority of tourists can enter without visa for 30 days or even 45 (from Oct 1) this is hardly the reason.

• Like 1