Recent experiences with U.S. - Thailand air travel, carriers, stopovers?

On 9/10/2022 at 8:13 AM, LomSak27 said:

Update - Access to Taipei's airport main lounge, DF, & regular departure gates has been available since the end of August. BTW The Starbucks was gone 7 months before the pandemic (19), no idea why as it did a booming business.   

Were you there recently?

If so, how was the general international transit experience there now, compared to what it was pre EVA's transit shutdown?

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

The update above was from a traveler who went through at the end of August.

I went through last Sunday. After deplaning, security check, took the escalators up to the main hall and departure gates. The main hall, duty free stores and the food outlets on the open-air floor above that, have been remodeled. The open air ‘upper level’ of cafes and airline lounges, have a different layout. Illy coffee is now where Starbucks once was. Starbucks is on the opposite side. Taipei airport is still re opening, and then the recent war games, very very few people there. That also meant restaurants and coffee shops (and duty free) were closing up at 2100, no customers. It really was quiet.

Another difference. The flight I took, was almost all Taiwan bound passengers. Usual asian/western passenger mix, but all of 6 of us going through security as transfer passengers(!) That from the Bangkok flight. No clue why that was, That said, flight to the US was full. The food wasn’t bad, but not as good as before. I take that more a sign of re-starting the airline & suppliers than anything more.  - Note drinking fountains are taped and dry, because of 'health risks' buy/bring water bottle you can fill at a couple machines.  

Basically another long transpac slog. Typing this hours before dawn as dealing with usual time change – jet lag this week.

• Thanks 1