Enoch Powell, he wasnt wrong in his forecast !

CharlieH

Still on the first of 30 pages but I took a time out to read his speech..

No question he was espousing a racist ideology.

As a Canadian, I come from an "immigrant" country.. all of us are immigrants. The only difference among us is how many generations we have been Canadians.

Lots of Brits here lamenting the increased immigrant populations. But here is a question for you..

How much money did the UK extract from only one (India) colonial possession?

The answer is thought to be US$46 Trillion. Didn't do the currency

conversion, but more than 30T+ Pounds..

Multiply by the other colonial possessions. Britain become rich and globally significant because of this...

Now you complain about having to share your first-world lifestyle.

Edited by bobbin
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, proton said:

How about hundreds of muslims and hindus rioting in Leicester all week- over a cricket match! Very much played down of course

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/news/leicester-news/appeals-calm-end-violence-after-7553966

They are in England , sports related violence , violence between opposite team supporters is a national past time .

Fighting with other supporters is part of the game in the U.K

• Like 1

5 hours ago, bert bloggs said:

My answer to that is my family love my wife and she loves them  in the many yrs she lived in the UK she completely integrated and i mean completely  unlike the immigrants being discused here.

Who are the immigrants being discussed here ?

Sidiqi Khan ? Priti Patel ? Frank Bruno ? Sol Campbell , Lenny Henry ? Trevor McDonald ? Shirley Bassey ? Noami Campbell , Nigel Benn ? Viv Anderson ? Sunak , Ryan Giggs , Ashley Cole , Linford Christie 

Who are we talking about ?

Edited by Mac Mickmanus
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, bert bloggs said:

My answer to that is my family love my wife and she loves them  in the many yrs she lived in the UK she completely integrated and i mean completely  unlike the immigrants being discused here.

Are/Were you fully integrated into Thai society ?

Speaking Thai, wearing Thai clothes and eating Thai food and not eating that "foreign rubbish" food ?

3 hours ago, proton said:

How about hundreds of muslims and hindus rioting in Leicester all week- over a cricket match! Very much played down of course

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/news/leicester-news/appeals-calm-end-violence-after-7553966

And what about those violent ethnic Indian and Pakistani football hooligans...oh wait a minute.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, transam said:

it was his vision, he was right...................????

Has the UK streets seen murder by home grown foreign rooted extremists in the UK..?

Just a Yes or No will do..

Is the UK Secret Service spending zillions on following foreign rooted home grown and other extremists around....?

Yes or No will do..... 

I don't think even the mods imagine that they can dictate what form a response will take. Just what level of authority do you imagine you have in this forum?

Powell predicted civil war. Neither of these points you raise are examples of that.

And they're spending "zillions"?. Is that a standard zillion or an Imperial zillion? It is to laugh.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, transam said:

it was his vision, he was right...................????

Has the UK streets seen murder by home grown foreign rooted extremists in the UK..?

Just a Yes or No will do..

Is the UK Secret Service spending zillions on following foreign rooted home grown and other extremists around....?

Yes or No will do..... 

The U.K was rather tolerant of hard-line/extremist Muslims  about 10-20 years ago , allowing abu hamza and the like to air their viewpoint on the streets and the extremist were quite vociferous .

That has all changed recently and the extremists have been jailed, deported or their UK passports cancelled and their Mosques been closed . 

The Muslim extremists  have been clamped down upon and are now longer visible/exist 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, placeholder said:

I don't think even the mods imagine that they can dictate what form a response will take. Just what level of authority do you imagine you have in this forum?

Powell predicted civil war. Neither of these points you raise are examples of that.

And they're spending "zillions"?. Is that a standard zillion or an Imperial zillion? It is to laugh.

59 minutes ago, placeholder said:

So you can't answer my questions, just go off on a tangent, never mind, eh, I am getting used to it..........................????

3 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

The U.K was rather tolerant of hard-line/extremist Muslims  about 10-20 years ago , allowing abu hamza and the like to air their viewpoint on the streets and the extremist were quite vociferous .

That has all changed recently and the extremists have been jailed, deported or their UK passports cancelled and their Mosques been closed . 

The Muslim extremists  have been clamped down upon and are now longer visible/exist 

Yes it happened, Enoch's thoughts were right, and I am sure these people are still working in the woodwork, but they know the Secret Service is spending a lot of time and taxpayers money curtailing their stuff....

Again, Enoch was right, and the racists are the folk who want nothing to do with the UK but use it, change it, or do their own thing in it.

Plus, we now have far more armed police on the streets, why, the foreign rooted trouble....All in Enoch's vision, he was right.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, transam said:

Again, Enoch was right, and the racists are the folk who want nothing to do with the UK but use it, change it, or do their own thing in it.

And you choose not to live in the U.K and you want the UK to change ?.

People living in the U.K have the freedom to "do their own thing" and try to change things .

• Like 2

Just now, proton said:

The usual figure quoted is that the secret service have 20k terror suspects in the uk under observation, almost all of them Islamist immigrants and they have stopped several terror attacks since the London bus bombs, sadly a few have taken place as well. They actually do want rivers of blood!

Yep, and if the UK did not have an excellent Secret Service, what would be happening on UK streets, Enoch was right, the racist callers here are very wrong.....????

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, transam said:

I decided to retire in another country, why would I personally want the UK to change, the thread is about Enoch Powell on a Thai/fang forum for discussion....????

The people in the UK ARE doing their own thing to stop foreign rooted trouble in the UK, its called the Secret Service, a difficult job, and Enoch was right....????

The secret service monitor all groups that cause trouble : Animal liberation groups , Communist groups , Left/Right Wing extremists , Religious extremists,  IRA  , Neo Nazis and numerous other people/groups .

• Like 1

Just now, Mac Mickmanus said:

The secret service monitor all groups that cause trouble : Animal liberation groups , Communist groups , Left/Right Wing extremists , Religious extremists,  IRA  , Neo Nazis and numerous other people/groups .

Correct, but we are talking about Enoch here and his words/visions of hassle from foreign rooted folk in the UK.

He was right, the UK prisons are filling up with them. Folk planning blood on the streets of the UK.....Enoch was right....

• Like 2

3 hours ago, transam said:

Yes it happened, Enoch's thoughts were right, and I am sure these people are still working in the woodwork, but they know the Secret Service is spending a lot of time and taxpayers money curtailing their stuff....

Plus, we now have far more armed police on the streets, why, the foreign rooted trouble....All in Enoch's vision, he was right.

No he wasn't.

2 hours ago, transam said:

I decided to retire in another country, why would I personally want the UK to change, the thread is about Enoch Powell on a Thai/fang forum for discussion....????

The people in the UK ARE doing their own thing to stop foreign rooted trouble in the UK, its called the Secret Service, a difficult job, and Enoch was right....????

No he wasn't.

Yep, and if the UK did not have an excellent Secret Service, what would be happening on UK streets, Enoch was right, the racist callers here are very wrong.....????

No he wasn't

Correct, but we are talking about Enoch here and his words/visions of hassle from foreign rooted folk in the UK.

He was right, the UK prisons are filling up with them. Folk planning blood on the streets of the UK.....Enoch was right....

...and no. No he wasn't.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, proton said:

Hundreds?

All week?

It appears that a few, cherry-picked video clips of a few isolated incidents of violence between those of Pakistan and India heritage after a cricket match in Leicester are now appearing on south Asian websites that propagate Muslim and Hindu bigotry and violence. No "rivers of blood" to be seen here. Move along now.

Who won the cricket BTW?

• Like 1

He wasn’t right about the ‘whip hand’ he wasn’t right about ‘civil war’.

He completely omitted the millions of positive stories of integration, participation and contribution.

He was a racist, admired and defended then, as now, by racists.

• Like 2

One of the things the UK’s secret service is doing is monitoring websites distributing hate messaging, and those who frequent them.

12 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

One of the things the UK’s secret service is doing is monitoring websites distributing hate messaging, and those who frequent them.

I am sure they are, that is how they pinpoint all aspects of protecting UK streets from things envisaged by Enoch many decades ago.....Hoorah, Hoorah....????

20 minutes ago, transam said:

You forget, I am not a racist, the confused call folk racists who are not.....????

Controlling immigration has nothing to do with racism, only to the blind, it does......???? 

I never even suggested you are a racist.

Powell wasn’t talking about controlling immigration, he was race baiting, his ideas were directed at people on the basis of race, including suggestions of repatriating people.

He was a racist, admired and defended then, as now by racists.

40 minutes ago, transam said:

That's no answer, as usual a dodge....????

34607438_Busbomb4.jpg.0bcd1340d17bfb2a06f79387f3a818cb.jpg

Thanks for editing your post to include a photo that demonstrates precisely why Powell and his racist admirers and supporters are wrong.

Powell never predicted terrorism, even though the UK had experience of it.

Nor did he predict the vast majority of non white, non Anglo Saxon Britons being proud of their nation, contributing to the welfare and good of the nation, abiding by the law, many serving in the armed forces, police.

Look how proud and happy that woman looks. 

Powell was a racist, all he had was messages of fear and hate.

Then, as now, he had his admirers and defenders.

Incidentally, did you take that photo yourself or was it after you had already left the UK?

Edited by Chomper Higgot
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, transam said:

You forget, I am not a racist, the confused call folk racists who are not.....????

Controlling immigration has nothing to do with racism, only to the blind, it does......???? 

But couching it in racial terms is racist. And that's what Powell did in his Rivers of Blood speech.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Phnom Penh Trader said:

The Alf Garnett of the forum has spoken hey did you know that muppet Tommy Robinson is an immigrant in Spain now btw?

yes but like us in Thailand i very much doubt he will ever carry out terrorist acts against the indiginous population . and neither will his followers

• Like 1