Multi Entry B Again

I was explaining to a buddy who also needs to renew a multi B later in the year about the current changes and the inability to gain multi entry B's without work permit and proof of taxes paid.

He then asked a good question... What about a business man who regularly visits thailand on behalf of his overseas (non Thai) company (to work, purchase goods, etc) ??

Of course he could come here on a tourist visa but really should he ?? As a short term visiting representative of a foriegn company he is not needing a thai work permit or due Thai taxes (he would pay taxes in his home country)...

Surely in this case he should be issued a multi entry B permit without thai tax proof and or work permit ??

I was explaining to a buddy who also needs to renew a multi B later in the year about the current changes and the inability to gain multi entry B's without work permit and proof of taxes paid.

He then asked a good question... What about a business man who regularly visits thailand on behalf of his overseas (non Thai) company (to work, purchase goods, etc) ??

Of course he could come here on a tourist visa but really should he ?? As a short term visiting representative of a foriegn company he is not needing a thai work permit or due Thai taxes (he would pay taxes in his home country)...

Surely in this case he should be issued a multi entry B permit without thai tax proof and or work permit ??

I think that he really needs a B visa, and as he is located abroad, the getting of a multiple Non-Immigrant B visa is a breeze.

I had recently read that not only SEA offices but all offices are withdrawing the multi entries..

Certainly it seems impossible for a national not in home country (eg a Brit in Oz) but I am sure I read recently of people being refused even in thier home country (Brit in London... Cant remember who stated this though)..

I still hold directorships of multiple companies some based in places like Caribean / Seychelles and others in mainland Europe and UK. Can one of my own companies send me to investigate the business climate and get a multi B ??

The clarification point is are multi B's being issued in 'home' countries and what would define 'home' ?? The country of base for the person, or the country of incorporation of the business (as I have the right to reside in the EU countries where I have registered companies)..

i have all the paperwork which the consulate/embassies require for a multi entry NON B,including the workpermit,Will i be able to get a Multi NON-B in penang?

what is your age and nationality?

i have all the paperwork which the consulate/embassies require for a multi entry NON B,including the workpermit,Will i be able to get a Multi NON-B in penang?

No, not anymore.

one of the booths outside the swiss hotel/chulia str - supposingly being very reliable - on june 30th offered me a non-b MULTIENTRY if i bring all the paperwork which the consulate/embassies require

so it appears they are available again?

as mine is still good, i never tried...

No, not anymore.

one of the booths outside the swiss hotel/chulia str - supposingly being very reliable - on june 30th offered me a non-b MULTIENTRY if i bring all the paperwork which the consulate/embassies require

so it appears they are available again?

as mine is still good, i never tried...

not recommended