Mountain B fire claims 23rd victim

webfact

image.jpeg

Police tape is pictured around the Mountain B nightclub after a deadly fire in Sattahip district in Thailand’s Chonburi province on August 5, 2022. (Photo by Manan VATSYAYANA / AFP)

An army officer has become the 23rd fatality resulting from the Mountain B pub fire in Sattahip district of Chon Buri province on August 5th.

The 27-year-old officer, Lt Panupong Wongpakpaiboon, suffered 60% burns on his body and succumbed to his injuries yesterday (Friday) at a hospital in Rayong province, where he had been since admission on August 5th.

Thirteen people, mostly customers, died at the pub on the night of the deadly inferno and 44 others were injured.

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/mountain-b-fire-claims-23rd-victim/

Logo-top-.png

-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2022-09-03

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Monthly car subscription with first-class insurance, 24x7 assistance and more in one price - click here to find out more!

• Sad 6

16 hours ago, Cake Monster said:

It is so sad that this tragedy is not over.

The death toll keeps rising, and is likely to do so for some time to come yet, as more poor souls succumb to their terrible injuries.

Living close to it and travelling past it many days certainly bring home this unnecessary loss. Yes I too think there may be more to deaths to come. Lets hope some good will come from it, in improvement to fire safety. Though from past history it seems people soon forget and revert back to cheap construction , locked fire exits, overcrowding and poor policing.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, mikebell said:

Meanwhile yesterday's news - 'a raid on a Chiang Rai pub finds more than 300 underage drinkers — and all three exit doors locked.'   Are Thais slow learners?

I have found things have to be taught at least 3 times and then repeated as a lesson is soon forgotten. Eventually my Mrs stopped leaving things on the step for me to fall over..(as an example). 

On 9/4/2022 at 8:23 AM, LittleBear57 said:

Living close to it and travelling past it many days certainly bring home this unnecessary loss. Yes I too think there may be more to deaths to come. Lets hope some good will come from it, in improvement to fire safety. Though from past history it seems people soon forget and revert back to cheap construction , locked fire exits, overcrowding and poor policing.

I personally dont think that people " forget "

It just the need for greed and Money that drives them so hard, all other things in their lives pale into insignificance.