Non O multi entry visa - do I need re-entry permit?

Hi All, 

As the title asks - I am on a 1 year non O multi entry visa. 

I intend to apply for a 1 year extension based on marriage at some point but may not do that in my first 3 months here (which I am currently in). 

I would like to know if I need to apply for a re-entry permit before I leave at the expiration of my first three month period. 

Also, I intend to leave at the Chiang Khong border crossing. My understanding is I can leave and return immediately (don't need to spend time in Laos). Is this correct?

Thanks in advance!

If you are on a non-O one-year multi-entry visa, then you can also apply for a 60-day 'wife/family visit extension' (one extension allowed on each entry.)

This cuts down on the number of times you need to exit and re-enter Thailand during the duration of your one-year visa.

You'll need the usual passport copies plus wife's ID and house-book, marriage certificate and registration (updated), and the usual 1,900 THB fee.

Also remember.... if you re-enter just before the one-year duration of the visa, you get another 90 days, which I'm pretty sure comes with the possibility of another 60-day 'wife visit' extension on top.

That means that this one-year multi-entry based on marriage is in fact good for up to almost 17 months, provided you leave and re-enter just before the one year is up.

Not bad for the initial 5,000 THB visa fee, though you do have to factor in the expenditure of the required border runs.

This may work out - for some people - an easier option than the marriage extension, depending on one's circumstances - and crucially perhaps, whether one has the requisite funds available or not to deposit in a Thai bank account.

• Like 1

Thank you Sunshine Ray. That is great info. 

A separate but related question - where can I find the conditions of my visa and information of the type you have supplied? I mean an authoritative source - are visa conditions and related information documented in English anywhere?

5 hours ago, sirponce said:

A separate but related question - where can I find the conditions of my visa and information of the type you have supplied? I mean an authoritative source - are visa conditions and related information documented in English anywhere?

Google  

Immigration Thailand and dig through what comes up.

On 9/6/2022 at 3:50 PM, sirponce said:

https://london.thaiembassy.org/en/publicservice/84508-non-immigrant-visas