Anyone been entering like its 2019?

Any recent experience entering thailand with no testing or vaccine stuff, just the same as 2019? I notice they mention unvaxed with no test will basically be at the discretion of the health control officer on arrival. What does this actually mean in real life on the ground?

"Unvaccinated/partially vaccinated travelers who have proof of a negative COVID-19 test result within 72 hours of travel will be allowed to go anywhere in Thailand, while those who will arrive without a negative test result will be subject to health protocols deemed appropriate by the Health Control officer at the point of arrival."

1 minute ago, roo860 said:

Arrived back in Thailand last Saturday, no proof of vaccine required at Manchester Airport, flying with Emirates, no vaccine certificate required at immigration at Suvanaphum.

Ps.

All immigration counters open!

Yes, I assumed that was fine. But what about a test, you had no test before or on arrival?

10 minutes ago, roo860 said:

Nope, nothing whatsoever, infact I never noticed any health people.

Ok great. Sounds like we are back to 2019 protocol!! As long as you dont get some arrogant check in counter person when departing. Glad some common sense is coming back.

Edited by at15
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, TheRealRobin said:

I arrive on Sunday, September 28th. I'm unvaccinated but had a 72 hour pcr test. Nobody asked for my test, not at departure or arrival in BK. Passport control was effortless and quick. In fact, it was easier than '19 as I wasn't expected to fill out an arrival card.

Wow  ... Back to the Future. 

NZ via Sydney to Bangkok (Qantas) Monday 29 August - had to produce proof of vaccination status at Wellington airport. Qantas had advised this was required and had a reminder text a week before flying., NZ has an online system for domestic or international proof of vaccinations/boosters, free, and it really did take, as per their website, 'one to two minutes' to arrive by email 

Seems like nothing is requested (proof of vaccination or a negative test) when arriving in BKK. However, quite a few airlines do ask for proof of vaccination. Happened to me with both Qatar Air and EVA; asked for proof when checking in but nothing asked upon arrival in BKK.

• Thanks 1

Flew to Thailand last month.

Airline checked my vaccination status, but that was it.

No testing - just proof of vaccination. And I only had to show it to the airline at check-in.

One thing I would say - Heathrow is definitely not set up for everyone having to use the check-in counters so that the people doing the check-in can check your vaccination status. Allow plenty of time. We got there with close to 3 hours before our flight, and didn't have time to shop in duty free - because of the queue at check-in, followed by the queue at security.

If you're not vaccinated yet - that's your own fault.

Edited by bkk_mike
  • Like 1

I would definitely get tested ! First, I wouldn’t like to infect others if I was positive on the flight and arrival. Secondly, I’d prefer being ill , if ever, in my own country. And lastly, a negative test IS the law if you are not vaccinated ! Imagine having a check and they ask for it, or , someone is in a bad mood. 

53 minutes ago, CH1961 said:

Do you really know people they are scared about a piece of paper? 

Sorry, I kinda thought people would understand my reply was sarcastic so I didn't  explicitly mentioned it.

So just to clarify - my previous reply was sarcastic...

• Like 1

On 9/5/2022 at 9:56 PM, roo860 said:

Arrived back in Thailand last Saturday, no proof of vaccine required at Manchester Airport, flying with Emirates, no vaccine certificate required at immigration at Suvanaphum.

Ps.

All immigration counters open!

When I arrived a short while back just ahead of immigration I was pointed across to special counters, where masked staff behind screens wanted to see proof of vaccination etc.

I don't know if they're filtering everyone that's arrived from abroad because I didn't think to observe closely after 18 hours on the go. But there are checks, and there were quite a few people in the queues at the counter. It didn't take long to reach the counter, show them my EU QR code with passport and move on to immigration close by.

Edit: And having just noticed another poster, I can confirm that EVA Air staff also wanted to see Covax certificates etc. in VIE

Edited by BusyB

3 hours ago, BusyB said:

When I arrived a short while back just ahead of immigration I was pointed across to special counters, where masked staff behind screens wanted to see proof of vaccination etc.

I don't know if they're filtering everyone that's arrived from abroad because I didn't think to observe closely after 18 hours on the go. But there are checks, and there were quite a few people in the queues at the counter. It didn't take long to reach the counter, show them my EU QR code with passport and move on to immigration close by.

Edit: And having just noticed another poster, I can confirm that EVA Air staff also wanted to see Covax certificates etc. in VIE

That's your experience, mine was different, so there ya go.

On 9/7/2022 at 6:58 PM, BusyB said:

This must indeed have been QUITE a while back, as this is definitely no longer happening right now.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, BusyB said:

It was last Thursday to be more precise.

Strange. This was not in place when I arrived several weeks ago or the month before. If this correct, maybe they’ve reinstated those checks? Wouldn’t make much sense though…

6 hours ago, mjnaus said:

Strange. This was not in place when I arrived several weeks ago or the month before. If this correct, maybe they’ve reinstated those checks? Wouldn’t make much sense though…

Perhaps they just do ad hoc screening, perhaps they were training new staff or holding a refresher course ... who knows ... let's see if anyone else reports it ... 

• Like 2