Implant supported dentures. Any experience?

giddyup

I've lost all my molars and only have top and bottom front teeth left, so as you can imagine this makes chewing difficult. I don't fancy normal dentures, apparently they have their limitations, difficult to chew meat etc, but have read about the Implant supported dentures. No idea of the cost in Pattaya, or who does them, so wondering if anyone has any experience with them.

Hiya

I had something similar but due to an accident

You should check out a partial they work quite well

That aside if your remaining teeth are in bad shape don't fear a denture especially on the upper

They work really well now & fit so well due to the large area of roof of mouth. no adhesives are needed & they look great not to mention never needing to suffer a cavity etc again

Now lowers I don't know about & imagine a denture will not stay put as well but a partial there is fine (I have one with two molars on each side)

About implants yes they have these posts now that the denture snaps on if you want but...Implants are not always possible if you do not have the bone to hold them

Also they are high maintenance with deep cleaning needed etc or your body can in fact reject them & that is after spending a lot on them,

So again partials work great & in a way your remaining teeth act as the implants that hole that partial in place

Also like the dentures Partials have come a long way & none will even know you have one as they do not use that old style wire loop around a tooth anymore. Everything is hidden

Good Luck!

• Thanks 1

On 9/14/2022 at 2:02 PM, giddyup said:

No idea of the cost in Pattaya, or who does them, so wondering if anyone has any experience with them.

Its a major industry in Pattaya, with many clinics set up to specialize in implants. As a rough rule of thumb, I am Australian and the price works out to be around a third to half the price of the same work back in Australia.

They quote as low as 40,000 baht for one tooth, presuming a standard job, a pillar into the bone tooth on top etc. 400,000 for whole mouth

When you get a whole mouth done its 4-5 pillars upper and lower to support what is like a permanent denture. Its not dentures in the sense that they come in/out. They are permanently fixed like your own teeth. 

Dental Implant

I have a mate who had the whole thing done, for around $15k USD. The end result is truly amazing, they look and function like his own teeth. With the additional bonus of no plaque build up or chance of decay.

Mind you, he did go a bit overboard choosing the Tom Cruise look, big white teeth and cheesy smile.

Edited by Peterw42
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/17/2022 at 7:27 AM, mania said:

Hiya

I had something similar but due to an accident

You should check out a partial they work quite well

That aside if your remaining teeth are in bad shape don't fear a denture especially on the upper

They work really well now & fit so well due to the large area of roof of mouth. no adhesives are needed & they look great not to mention never needing to suffer a cavity etc again

Now lowers I don't know about & imagine a denture will not stay put as well but a partial there is fine (I have one with two molars on each side)

About implants yes they have these posts now that the denture snaps on if you want but...Implants are not always possible if you do not have the bone to hold them

Also they are high maintenance with deep cleaning needed etc or your body can in fact reject them & that is after spending a lot on them,

So again partials work great & in a way your remaining teeth act as the implants that hole that partial in place

Also like the dentures Partials have come a long way & none will even know you have one as they do not use that old style wire loop around a tooth anymore. Everything is hidden

Good Luck!

I would agree with you. I am too young for dentures now, have only one tooth removed and want remove one more. However I think removable dentures is the best option. If you do not like them you can remove them your self.  If your body rejects implant or implanted dentures you might have a difficult situation. Doctor can look and say, Oh your implant is fine we not going to remove it, or we do not have tools you need to ask company implant producer. 

With removable dentures you have full control on what is inside your body. with significantly lower chance of complications.

Edited by MambaJamba
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, MambaJamba said:

However I think removable dentures is the best option. If you do not like them you can remove them your self. 

Yes for sure & one thing about removable dentures either partial or full upper

what is important is have a good dentist take the time to fit them perfectly!

I had a lower partial done in CM & never wore it for two years because it was just not comfortable

Then I met a dentist in the country who asked about it & I showed her.

She said oh yes & started fitting it & to this day I wear it all the time as it is perfect!

• Like 1