Thai AirAsia downgrades its passenger load projection to 10 million in 2022

webfact

3 hours ago, webfact said:

due to disappointing foreign tourist numbers in the first half of the year.

but, but, the idiots in charge are saying tourism is booming. The fact a carrier is cutting near 25% off their already low projections speaks volumes that PM and the TAT have absolutely no clue what they are talking about tourism wise.

Expect Thai Airways further restructure if one airline is predicting 25% less tourists than predicted, Thai air has probably based their restructure on full tourism

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

So let's just say that there are about 110 days left in 2022 so, 10 millions divide by 110 its roughly 91,000 passengers a day and they haven't started flying the long hauls yet as i understand it, well, dreaming so far is for free thanks god...

Edited by ezzra
  • Like 1

When are they going to stop playing numbers game ?  I would suggest 40/50% are not tourist but, like myself, following COVID, I returned to the UK and back twice ..and I know many who also have or are currently away and will return.

Then weve got the Indian tourists who can fly in cheap on Bangkok Airlines from Mumbai ..significant number in Pattaya currently ... Possible zero spend tourists like the Chinese ..

23 minutes ago, Rmac442 said:

When are they going to stop playing numbers game ?  I would suggest 40/50% are not tourist

They are lowering total passenger predictions based on a reduction in the number of foreign tourists. I don't see any numbers game being played here.

(edit maybe you were referring to the last part of the article quoting TAT. If so, then please accept my apologies)

Edited by JayClay

7 hours ago, KIngsofisaan said:

Seriously doubt 10,000,000 will show up this year, no matter how hard they spin the facts.

With many of those projected 10M, trying to pay their ever rising Energy and Food costs at Home, the 10 M is more likely to be nearer to 1 M.

When things get tight, the first " Luxury " to go out he Window, is a Foreign Holiday, and with the state of the World at the moment, Thailand has to be very, very special to attract any Tourists at all.

• Like 1