Public Health Minister vows to support Cannabis and Hemp Draft Bill, criticizes three political parties for objections

webfact

16 hours ago, robert888d said:

Some people ask why is it brain damaging etc.

Go to

www.samhsa.gov

Dangers of cannabis

And read.

I read.  The upshot seems to be that the science is conflicting regarding brain damage in adolescents.  From the article:  https://nida.nih.gov/publications/research-reports/marijuana/what-are-marijuanas-long-term-effects-brain

Imaging studies of marijuana’s impact on brain structure in humans have shown conflicting results. Some studies suggest regular marijuana use in adolescence is associated with altered connectivity and reduced volume of specific brain regions involved in a broad range of executive functions such as memory, learning, and impulse control compared to people who do not use.38,39 Other studies have not found significant structural differences between the brains of people who do and do not use the drug.40

There seems to be an emphasis on the developing brain in adolescents not adults.

36 minutes ago, lujanit said:

I read.  The upshot seems to be that the science is conflicting regarding brain damage in adolescents.  From the article:  https://nida.nih.gov/publications/research-reports/marijuana/what-are-marijuanas-long-term-effects-brain

Imaging studies of marijuana’s impact on brain structure in humans have shown conflicting results. Some studies suggest regular marijuana use in adolescence is associated with altered connectivity and reduced volume of specific brain regions involved in a broad range of executive functions such as memory, learning, and impulse control compared to people who do not use.38,39 Other studies have not found significant structural differences between the brains of people who do and do not use the drug.40

There seems to be an emphasis on the developing brain in adolescents not adults.

Which is why it's sensible to prohibit sales to under 20s and pregnant / breast feeding women. It's always better to be cautious over these matters, however I have yet to see any real hard evidence of the majority of claims made against Cannabis, apart from scaremongering by people who should know better. It would be interesting to see a study of alcohol use in adolescents, to see the effect on their brains. 

I first used Cannabis at age 14, qnd have found no impairment in any of the functions mentioned, indeed I often remember things from both many years ago, and recently, much better than people I know who have never used Cannabis. I also had no problem learning many new activities, both mental and physical, over the years.

Edited by MrMuddle
Clarified a point
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 9/15/2022 at 4:59 PM, Bert got kinky said:

...it was a political masterstroke.

I thank Anutin for giving me my right to toke but I trust him as much as I trust any politician.

Don't let his bumbling act fool you, this man is not a fool, he knows what he wants and IMHO he will get it.

Oh puuuulease.  It doesn't take a rocket surgeon to know that decriminalizing dope would be popular.  ????

Edited by shdmn
  • Haha 1

On 9/16/2022 at 7:15 AM, ezzra said:

There are so many ways one can better the lives of the Thai people than to fight tooth and nails to decriminalization of weed, and it's a very long list of urgent things that need, should and can be done other than that weeds issue, but this is Thailand after all, go figure their priorities...

I agree  that govt needs to do a lot for the people. The point you're making kinda falls dead due to the fact that this whole argument and implementation of legalizing weed does not cost the govt anything, except time. They are saving money on police, courts, prison. No funds/ very little is being diverted for this. 
 Yes, the Thai govt needs to help its people, I agree. 

On 9/16/2022 at 7:15 AM, ezzra said:

There are so many ways one can better the lives of the Thai people than to fight tooth and nails to decriminalization of weed, and it's a very long list of urgent things that need, should and can be done other than that weeds issue, but this is Thailand after all, go figure their priorities...

I agree  that govt needs to do a lot for the people. The point you're making kinda falls dead due to the fact that this whole argument and implementation of legalizing weed does not cost the govt anything, except time. They are saving money on police, courts, prison. No funds/ very little is being diverted for this. 
 Yes, the Thai govt needs to help its people, I agree.