Death sentence! No clemency for foster mum who fed kids floor cleaner then went on Facebook for donations

webfact

5 minutes ago, Gecko123 said:

I sometimes think crimes against children committed by mothers get the societal attention they deserves. That she not only did this to her own child but to a child who was entrusted to her care borders on the unspeakable. I do wonder however whether the woman underwent any type of psychological evaluation prior to sentencing. Her behavior sounds somewhat like "factitious disorder imposed on another (previously called Munchausen syndrome by proxy) when someone falsely claims that another person has physical or psychological signs or symptoms of illness, or causes injury or disease in another person with the intention of deceiving others."

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/factitious-disorder/symptoms-causes/syc-20356028

who cares about her...... suffer the children

• Like 1

Woman sentenced to death for poisoning her own children

image.jpeg

Thailand’s Criminal Court sentenced a woman to death yesterday (Thursday) after finding her guilty of poisoning her own 2-year-old son and 4-year-old adopted daughter with an abrasive substance, to make them sick so she could appeal to the public for donations on social media to help the sick children.

The adopted daughter died due to the poisoning.

The 29-year-old single mother, identified as Nittha, aka “Mae Pook”, was charged with attempted murder, human trafficking, assault causing serious injury, assault causing the death of another person, defrauding the public and violations of the Computer Crime Act.

The case dates back four years, when the woman took her 4-year-old daughter to Thammasat University Hospital for medical treatment after she developed acute stomach ache and began vomiting blood.

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/woman-sentenced-to-death-for-poisoning-her-own-children/

Logo-top-.png

-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2022-09-16

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Monthly car subscription with first-class insurance, 24x7 assistance and more in one price - click here to find out more!

15 minutes ago, Laughing Gravy said:

Agree.

Totally agree.

Again, I agree.

I totally disagree. Without getting into the debate of the death penalty, it does not, has never done and never will deter people from killing.

" I totally disagree "

You should have just said that!

But you continue with the rest of your comment " don't want to debate " 

As they say how rich of you! 

• Haha 2

18 minutes ago, Laughing Gravy said:

Agree.

Totally agree.

Again, I agree.

I totally disagree. Without getting into the debate of the death penalty, it does not, has never done and never will deter people from killing.

It's probably less of a deterrence than life in a Thai prison but at least she could never harm anyone again. 

What to do in cases like this possibly involving mental issues is never going to have a perfect solution and I am glad I don't have that responsibility. 

However I  will say capital punishment should only be used in cases where guilt is beyond doubt as some people on death row have been found innocent.

She may have been coerced or be taking the blame for someone else. 

18 minutes ago, thailand49 said:

" I totally disagree "

You should have just said that!

But you continue with the rest of your comment " don't want to debate " 

As they say how rich of you! 

Thanks for that.

Here was me thinking that this was a forum for putting your point of view forward. I don't and will not debate this. I have given my point of view. If you don't like it you can always...... not read it or even comment.

• Thanks 2

no basket of bird sh_t essence or fruit or bunch of flowers or wai's all around or misunderstanding or photo op with the governor or an honest taxi driver or a packet of crisps ..... 

no no no   ... none of that BS for you b_tch ......   straight to the dog house for you    !!!  rot there and the ants can finish you dog. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Digitalbanana said:

There are other people who think like this as well?

You might be surprised how many mothers kill their children. Like the mother who drove her three kids to a lake, and made the car  go into and sink the lake and drowned them. I can’t imagine the thoughts in the children’s minds when they realized what what happening to them……done to then by their own mother. 

Or mothers who drown their kids in the bathtub.   Drowning seems to be a favourite with for women to get rid of children.  
   And then there’ Casey Anthony….

Simply horrifying and evil.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Catoni said:

You might be surprised how many mothers kill their children. Like the mother who drove her three kids to a lake, and made the car  go into and sink the lake and drowned them. I can’t imagine the thoughts in the children’s minds when they realized what what happening to them……done to then by their own mother. 

Or mothers who drown their kids in the bathtub.   Drowning seems to be a favourite with for women to get rid of children.  
   And then there’ Casey Anthony….

Simply horrifying and evil.  

I follow crime related current events and have noticed the drowning pattern as well. My theory is that from a psychological standpoint, drowning provides an "intervening event" which helps the mother cope with the guilt of killing the child.

https://www.ndtv.com/world-news/french-woman-who-left-baby-to-drown-gets-20-years-in-jail-1423150

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/09/14/nyregion/erin-merdy-coney-island.html

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andrea_Yates

https://edition.cnn.com/2022/07/07/us/minnesota-children-drowned/index.html

• Thanks 1