US national in mystery death fall from Nonthaburi building

webfact

317A53B9-530A-43D5-B68A-6DA3F095918D-1024x576.jpg

77kaoded Thai Caption: Foreigner in mystery plunge

Pak Kret police and Ruam Katanya rescue services were called after a US man fell to his death from the 9th floor of a rental building in Muang Thong Thani, Nonthaburi.

Mr Campi, 43, was found dead with head injuries outside the building.

He rented a storage unit on the eighth floor.

F0AD0989-1EBE-40E8-8A31-E8C60572CE60-1024x768.jpg

Picture: 77kaoded

A witness had seen him smoking a cigarette by the windows on the 9th floor before he fell.

Natcha Phara, a security guard, said he heard a loud noise but what with the passing traffic he thought nothing of it.

He was alerted to the incident by a van driver, reported 77kaoded.

D6BA198E-B618-47C0-851F-48C8412B4E61-1024x768.jpg

Picture: 77kaoded

Police are contacting relatives and friends to try and understand what happened.

They are keeping an open mind at the moment.

The body was taken for autopsy at Thammasat Hospital in Rangsit. 

asean_now_BB.jpg

-- © Copyright  ASEAN NOW 2022-09-17

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Monthly car subscription with first-class insurance, 24x7 assistance and more in one price - click here to find out more!

Get your business in front of millions of customers who read ASEAN NOW with an interest in Thailand every month - email [email protected] for more information
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, webfact said:

Pak Kret police and Ruam Katanya rescue services were called after a US man fell to his death from the 9th floor of a rental building in Muang Thong Thani, Nonthaburi.

Theonly way foreingens accedintaly lose their Lives in Thailand what an unlucky guy..!! just WOW

hmmm .... very strange indeed.  He rented a storage unit, and was seen smoking by the window.  I suspect the storage unit didn't have balconies so he went out to the area where the balcony was and it looks to be in the middle of the building.   So was he seen smoking on the balcony near the window or was he smoking in his storage unit at the window?  maybe he opened the window and stood near while smoking.  Was someone with him? did the follow him out to the balcony? was foul play involved here?

RIP sir.

very sad indeed.

Edited by steven100
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:
5 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

So many?   Such as which others that constitute that "so many"?

For a start, from earlier today: A Kyrgyzstani woman fell to death at a hotel in the Pattaya area after noon today (September 16th). 

That's one other incident, one, not "so many" as he wrote. 

Edited by Liverpool Lou
  • Thumbs Up 1

Are Thai balconies lower than western ones ??  Taking into account westerners are generally taller than Asians.  Very strange. One does not hear much news of people falling from balconies accidentally. It’s either kids climbing on furniture  ( beds etc in bedrooms) or criminal. 

• Like 1

Some callous and insensitive troll posts and the replies have been removed.

Inflammatory posts and replies have been removed. 

40. Any user who feels that any posted content is objectionable is encouraged to immediately use the report button to report the message. We have the ability to remove objectionable messages and will make every effort to do so if we determine that removal is necessary. Removal is a manual process so we may not be able to remove or edit particular messages immediately. Use the report button only for posts in violation of the forum rules.

• Like 1

There have been regular reports of accidental, and/or suicidal, jumping deaths by foreigners in Thailand for long as I can remember. Whether these are more or less than anywhere else it's hard to say, although Peking and Moscow also seem to provide strong competition.

• Like 1
  • Love It 1

So he had rented a storage unit.  One has to wonder what is in said storage unit.  One hopes there is not a body stuffed in a trunk that may have been there for awhile, or maybe just placed inside.  Did the guilt override him, or did he move everything he owned in life into the storage unit due to some type of problem, and then decided to bail on this world.  Or simply, could he have been smoking while standing next to the rail, became light headed and passed out, thus falling over the railing.  So many possibilities.  However may he RIP and condolences to his family and friends once identified further after ensuring they have the right identification.

Edited by ThailandRyan
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Thingamabob said:

There have been regular reports of accidental, and/or suicidal, jumping deaths by foreigners in Thailand for long as I can remember. Whether these are more or less than anywhere else it's hard to say, although Peking and Moscow also seem to provide strong competition.

I think if you look just at the Pattaya area with maybe 1 million people in the area it seems that jumpers or people accidentally falling and I think some for sure pushed off the rate seems very high. Bangkok with 8-10 million seem much less  even. Moscow and Peking I really don't know about but they are very large populated areas. We also don't even hear about all of these jumps mostly the ones with Westerners involved. I live in a large city in the USA 1/2 the year and it's extremely rare to read about a jumper. The area I'm in has about 5 million in the metro area. When some posters argue this ( not you) I think they just want to be difficult or different,  certainly not correct. 

Edited by alex8912