Cheap Second Hand Books

greenmonkey

41 minutes ago, jingjai9 said:

Could the bookstore possibly list or photograph titles and sell them online? I would be interested. I do not get to Bangkok often. Up here in the northeast there are really no good bookstores with English language titles.

I've never bought through their FB page but it could be worth messaging them with a few favoured authors and asking them what titles they have. The owner speaks good English too.

3 hours ago, statman78 said:

The book store listed by th3 OP is good.  There is another one on Sukhumvit Rd between Soi 26 and 28 that also sells the same type of used books. The place is Dasa Books

Dasa does mail order & has an ext. online booklist. But Dasa is not cheap. Sometimes I rather buy new for a few Baht more.

Hi Greenmonkey,  any chance you could be a bit more specific about where 'just off Khaosan Road' this shop is.  Maybe mention a shop on Khaosan Road near to the road leading off to the bookshop?  

Edited by pollyog

5 minutes ago, pollyog said:

Hi Greenmonkey,  any chance you could be a bit more specific about where 'just off Khaosan Road' this shop is.  Maybe mention a shop on Khaosan Road near to the road leading off to the bookshop?  

well that's strange, I did include a FB page link and a google maps link in the original post but I can now see it is missing... maybe they have been removed for breaching site rules. The shop is at 59 Ram Buttri Road (a small road just off of Khao Sarn Road - has some nice restaurants and cafes too). Best bet is to use google maps if unsure! It's worth the trip as there's not many places selling books for as little as 90 Baht!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...