Vaccine dosage

Calvin1976

The Moderna vaccine (only) has been shown to be effective as a half dose when given as a booster, so this is often the procedure.

For example see https://www.bhf.org.uk/informationsupport/heart-matters-magazine/news/coronavirus-and-your-health/covid-booster-vaccine#halfdose

"Is the booster a single dose of the vaccine, or a half dose?

The booster is one single injection.

If you have Pfizer or Novavax as your booster, you will receive one full dose of the original vaccine.

If you receive Moderna as a booster, you may receive a half dose, as this has been shown to be very effective."

Edited by partington

Yes Partington I'm sure that's right. When used as a booster, a 50% dose of Moderna was found to increase antibodies by x 38 whilst a full dose x 84, (figures from memory but close!)

So a 50% dose was widely advised with possible side effects in mind.

I had a 50% Moderna booster in Chantaburi in February and caught a second dose of Covid in the UK in May, but mild symptoms only.

Now there is a new Moderna vaccine targeting BA5 variant but I doubt that has reached Thailand yet.

I just had a 4th in the UK but Pfizer again this time as the 50% Moderna didn't agree with me. But a Friend, 96, had a 100% booster and he was fine.

Good luck.