Pattaya Gyms

roger101

I used to be a member of  Tony's. I joined many years ago when the Baht was 70 to the Pound. I mainly used the Cardio room on Pattaya 3rd Road with quite often a swim afterwards. The advantage was of course the price. As I paid for life membership I could come and go as I pleased,no charge.

During the years its been shut  I have done very little to keep myself fit. So I'm thinking of going back to the gym again. My sense of balance has got worse so I find walking on Pattaya's streets uncomfortable. I have asked about gyms before but when I looked I couldn't find it.

What I want is the use of a Running/walking machine with preferably a TV  nearby to watch while I'm walking or something like Tony's badminton court to watch to break the monotony and of course cheap. Location is not as important as price but would prefer west of Sukhumvit.

I look forward to your suggestions.

PS AirCon not important as I plan to go early morning.

On 9/20/2022 at 2:17 PM, roger101 said:

My sense of balance has got worse so I find walking on Pattaya's streets uncomfortable. I have asked about gyms before but when I looked I couldn't find it.

I wouldn't walk around the streets, even with good balance. Why don't you walk in Chaloem Phrakiet Park (Pratumnak Hill)? The trails are well paved and well-lit at night. It's open from 4 am until 10 pm. I walk 5 - 10km in the park every 2nd day at around 8 pm. It's much better than walking on a treadmill, which is unnatural and quite a bit different from real walking. There are a lot of stairs in the park too, to increase the difficulty of your session.

I use the Goal-Fitness free app to measure the distance I walk and the free Health App (Apple). It measures your walking steadiness, your walking asymmetry, and double support time, which are very useful to see if you're still walking like a younger person, or an old man. There are no obstacles on the walking tracks, so your lack of balance should not be a problem.

Edited by JensenZ
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, ezzra said:

Is buying your own treadmill out of the question? or even a used one if you can find one, than you walk at your comfort, your TV and AC your privacy...

Take up a lot of space for a condo dweller. 

5 hours ago, JensenZ said:

I wouldn't walk around the streets, even with good balance. Why don't you walk in Chaloem Phrakiet Park (Pratumnak Hill)? The trails are well paved and well-lit at night. It's open from 4 am until 10 pm. I walk 5 - 10km in the park every 2nd day at around 8 pm. It's much better than walking on a treadmill, which is unnatural and quite a bit different from real walking. There are a lot of stairs in the park too, to increase the difficulty of your session.

I use the Goal-Fitness free app to measure the distance I walk and the free Health App (Apple). It measures your walking steadiness, your walking asymmetry, and double support time, which are very useful to see if you're still walking like a younger person, or an old man. There are no obstacles on the walking tracks, so your lack of balance should not be a problem.

To improve balance, though seemingly not a concern for the OP, you need to exercise for balance, meaning challenge. Walking on the softest sand you can find on the beach is both safe and helpful. Constant adjustments needed, strengthens muscles involved and trains brain.

Lazada also sells balance boards for practice at home. They're effective if used consistently.

• Like 1

On 9/25/2022 at 6:24 AM, ezzra said:

Is buying your own treadmill out of the question? or even a used one if you can find one, than you walk at your comfort, your TV and AC your privacy...

I think Tony is/was selling some treadmills cheap..

Edited by redwood1