German Shot Dead In Pattaya

Jai Dee

What a horrible crime, he survived his job as a Police officer, and came here to enjoy the autumn of his life, he came here and possible let down his guard a bit, and so what! is that a crime? does he deserve clever dicks smart "after the fact I know everything better than you" remarks, no he don't.

I hope they get the scum that committed this despicable and cowardice act, and let them get b...f..... for the rest of their lives in the most disgusting cockroach infested s...h... of a prison they can find, f...... h... things like this makes me angry.

Poor fellow.

Heinrich H. Friedrich, RIP :o

Edited by larvidchr

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 million bhat?

Let me see, avarage thai earn around 10k bhat a month / 5,000,000= 500 months of earning

I won't buy my future wife thai or farang wife, nothing more than 50k bhat in her name. Poor german man thought he still living in germany

No, i don't think woman was childish, police will release her soon, because his gunman might be after them soon :o

Edited by BKKDUDE

yet another falang thinking with the wrong organ (younger 2nd wife) there is nothing worse than when you upset a thai woman all the rules change and they do get revenge

R.I.P.

Edited by colino

Yep another one bites the dust.

The green eyed monster strikes again.

RIP stupid :o

you my friend? are the lowest of the low.

my only hope is that something similar happens to you one day.

why do people on here think that these things will/never could happen to them?

"im streetwise me mate mate, i see things coming"

yeah right, most of you lot are on your way out. gods waiting room is pattaya. margate in thailand. most of your girls/ wives are just waiting for you die. if you dont and you upset them, why do you think that your invincible?

r.i.p lad

Currently 702 users reading this thread, including more than 140 registered members.

Just now the number was 950.

What is so interesting? This is just a normal, although very sad, tale of Pattaya, marital jealousy and money.

this is because every time a westerner is killed in thailand, thaivisa.com sends out an email alert -- and those of us who don't routinely login here make the effort to login and see what the alert is about.

i signed up for alerts on thaivisa.com last September/October -- when the visa rules were evolving quickly and i wanted to make sure i kept up to date. i didn't realize this website's connection to thai-report-on-every-western-death-in-thailand-because-westerners-are-special.com.

i'll be turning off the alerts now...

/end-rant

but the number of "murders" here against foreigners seems very high.Not just somebody knocking off their spouse either.ie:business related.Without checking stats,

you'd really need to check the stats to make a statement like that, especially considering that one of your news sources is a western-oriented expat website, many of which (this one NOT excluded) put a lot of focus on murders of expats and tourists, but more or less ignore thai-on-thai murders.

As well as many other such incidents, i cant help but recall the murder of a young (40)

Newzeland guy in Pattaya about 18 months or so ago.  

He had transfered some money (about 1 million baht) into his girlfriends name who was to transfer it back on a particular day as he was to buy buy a house or condo.  On the day before the transfer he has shot in the head as he left a gym on 3rd road in Pattaya. Yeah, you guessed, by a pillion passenger on a motorbike.

Of course their was a mighty uproar in the media and the girl was quickly arrested and subsequently confessed.  The guys

family flew to thailand and were photographed presenting flowers to the Pattaya plod

thanking them for their brilliant work in catching the murderer.  The girl confessed to

paying her young Thai boyfriend to brutally murder her ferang - and ironically she had used a gold bracelet he had bought for her recently as a down payment.

This guy had apparantley bought this girl a car and was building a house for her parents up north - and by all acounts he treat her very well.   End of story - not quite:  when this girl went to court her laywer said that this guy had badly treated her and she was frightend of him.  So - - - - -  , she was fined 1 million baht and released.   :o

Edited by observer21

Isn't generalisation so easy. :o

Yes, everybody always does it. :D

My sympathies got to the German's family and friends. I hope his murderers get caught quickly and pay a high price for their appalling cruelty.

The price is going to be 5 million, police happy, hitman happy, ex wife happy, falang pay as usual.

Cheers

but the number of "murders" here against foreigners seems very high.Not just somebody knocking off their spouse either.ie:business related.Without checking stats,

you'd really need to check the stats to make a statement like that, especially considering that one of your news sources is a western-oriented expat website, many of which (this one NOT excluded) put a lot of focus on murders of expats and tourists, but more or less ignore thai-on-thai murders.

or the fact that most people thet live here are retired with nothing better to do than gossip and laugh at other peoples hard luck/death etc..

this site is a disgrace a times

How about this: find me a city in the world where there are more foriegn tourists and residents killed each year, than in Pattaya.  

How about this: find me a city in the world where there are more foriegn tourists and residents killed each year, than in Pattaya.

killed in what sense? murdered? or suicides, car/motorbike accidents, health issues?

pattaya...gods waiting room

Whats your point?I read the papers too and sometimes watch TV. :o

Whats your point?I read the papers too and sometimes watch TV. :o

the point is that without seeing all the data, you have a skewed perspective (based on the data you do see, which is likely all written in english, making it selectively skewed), so what "seems" to be the situation, often won't be.

Yeah, it would appear a lot of people here are forgetting that there are more than just farangs on this forum, and forgetting as well that many of those farangs are happily married to Thai women.

Exactly. There are good and bad everywhere. From several comments on this thread, a newbie would think, oh gee.... they go round killing each other at the drop of a hat in Thailand, even though they know they will get caught but they still do it!!!

Absolute <deleted>. The vast majority of Thais do not resort to murder when something goes sour. It seems some people should really choose who they associate with more wisely. :D

My condolences to the deceased's family and friends. RIP.

(even if I have kinda forgotten about the whole "being faithful" thing more often than not) :o

(That's what ducks are for) :D

not sure why you place the burden of proof on me, given that the only claim i've made is that when you sign up for visa alerts on thaivisa.com, you receive murder alerts (for westterners, only) instead.

regardless, off the top of my head, i'd bet that rio de janeiro "wins" quite handily, and places such as johanesburg, kingston and others may come close. who knows? who cares? it shows nothing.

even once you determine a trend with raw data, you'd need to isolate other variables, such as percentage of population that's expat/tourist, economic factors of locals and foreigners, murder rate as a whole in the country, etc

after your question is answered, regardless of the answer, there's still no point to it.

This appears to be a professional contract killing.

Someone somewhere seems to know what they are doing. Although the ex has got the motive, will the police find any hard evidence which will prove the murder is linked to the ex or the present more up to date sugar babe?

Look, lets be logical about this case, most girls in their 20s are only going to be interested in elderly men in their 60s for the contents of their wallets, not for the contents in their pants. If they have a fetish for very young girls, they would be better paying a bar fine, spending just one night with a girl, pay up, leave, no strings attached, end of story and the old man still gets to keep his assets.

Dabble with such things, it`s going to cost them dear and maybe even pay with their lives, as did some Dane a few weeks ago, involving a car and another asset grabing bint.

Confused, you wont be, tune into next weeks exciting episode titled, my house, my house, your bullet for my house.

Edited by distortedlink

killed in what sense? murdered? or suicides, car/motorbike accidents, health issues?

pattaya...gods waiting room

murdered my friend - murdered

will the police find any hard evidence which will prove the murder is linked to the ex or the present more up to date sugar babe?

My question would be whether or not the police are even motivated to find the killer. Are they going to do some superficial investigation before they close the case, or are they going to dig in. I suspect the former.

Unless the victim has some motivated family overseas willing to push this case I suspect not much will happen.

There was an Englishman (Steve Davis) murdered in the Philippines about 5 years ago under very similar circumstances. Fortunately the ex-wife is now serving 40 years in prison, but it took years of effort (plus all her life savings and more) by the victim's mother to find justice.

Yeah, it would appear a lot of people here are forgetting that there are more than just farangs on this forum, and forgetting as well that many of those farangs are happily married to Thai women.

Exactly. There are good and bad everywhere. From several comments on this thread, a newbie would think, oh gee.... they go round killing each other at the drop of a hat in Thailand, even though they know they will get caught but they still do it!!!

Absolute <deleted>. The vast majority of Thais do not resort to murder when something goes sour. It seems some people should really choose who they associate with more wisely. :o

I'm not saying that Thais go around murdering each other,but they do manage to murder over 5000 people a year.(http://www.nationmaster.com/graph/cri_mur-crime-murders) Not a bad effort for 60 mill people.

Now if you could get accurate figures for Pattaya, I would say that it would be up there (per capita) with Joberg and Rio.

I daresay it is rather difficult to arrange a non-professional contract killing in Thailand. Of course these professionals all wear the same uniform: khaki pants, black shoes, white t-shirt, and the mandatory sunglasses. And they do tend to belong to the same union, so caveat emptor.

Moral of the story is that if you are a 60 year old farang wanting to bonk 20 something women in Thailand then best to stay on the short-time plan.

I daresay it is rather difficult to arrange a non-professional contract killing in Thailand. Of course these professionals all wear the same uniform: khaki pants, black shoes, white t-shirt, and the mandatory sunglasses. And they do tend to belong to the same union, so caveat emptor.

Moral of the story is that if you are a 60 year old farang wanting to bonk 20 something women in Thailand then best to stay on the short-time plan.

Absolutely right!!!!!

Why do you all people still discussing this? Everything is so obvious and so many times discussed before on Thai Visa!

Everything in life comes down to the lowest common denominator , and unfortunately some people seem to take a perverse pleasure in the misfortunes of others.I used to teach protective custody male offenders (murderers and sex offenders) woodwork in the prison system.There I noticed that the more dysfunctional one is in general, the more apt they are to laugh and take pleasure at others misery or misfortune.For example, in a cheap bar,if a waitress accidently spills drinks and glasses on the floor,you will probably hear laughter and guffaws. Conversely, if you are in a good restaurant and the same thing happens, you will generally hear nothing.When I was working in the prison,an inmate kicked another in the teeth.The other inmates thought it was hilarious,and laughed heartily as the victim searched for his newly missing "chicklets".Pattaya often exhibits the lowest of low common denominators,in the form of extremely jaded farang looking for cheap sex and a cheap drunk every night.

German shot dead in Pattaya

Pattaya, Chon Buri - A 63-year-old German man was shot dead late Sunday night police said.

Heinrich Hermann Friedrdch waas shot dead shortly after leaving a convenient store on Soi Suksomboon in Tambon Nong Palai of Chon Buri's Bang Lamung district at 11:27 pm.

He was shot four times by a pillion rider. The bullets hit his left temple, his back, his chest and left leg.

His Thai wife, Nantha Sukdee, 25, said she has been living with the German man for two years without registering their marriage.

She said the man had bought a house worth Bt5 million under the name of his former Thai wife whom she was suing for the return of the house and other assets.

Source: The Nation - 25 June 2007

People always comment its the same old story but whats really scary in Thailand is that people here do things like this knowing full well they will get caught! There is no thought processes involved! They still do it! When a Thai gets angry or says they are going to do something, you better listen! If you think along the lines of Farang Logic "oh, they won't do it cause its too obvious and they'll get caught" then you can forget that! They will do it and they will get caught! But they just dont seem to care! And you will be dead anyway! Just an experienced warning for newcomers!

Violent Thai men??????????????????????????? EH!

you my friend? are the lowest of the low.

my only hope is that something similar happens to you one day.

why do people on here think that these things will/never could happen to them?

"im streetwise me mate mate, i see things coming"

yeah right, most of you lot are on your way out. gods waiting room is pattaya. margate in thailand. most of your girls/ wives are just waiting for you die. if you dont and you upset them, why do you think that your invincible?

r.i.p lad

Either you can not read or have not been in Thailand long enough to know that when you buy property with a Thai wife/girlfriend and then split up, you move out of town... FAR out of town, the green eyed monster is a half breed of jealousy and greed.

RIP stupid is "a quote from the Thai Rath news paper..

anyway I am not your friend.

TO wish death on another is as bad as it gets you must think murder is an acceptable way of negotiation?

You know why we'er still talking about it? Because it can happen to anyone of us. You think its hard to order a hit by a friend of a friend of of some distant cousin of a ex girlfriend or wife? You don't think your little misses can get in touch with some rather ruthless individuals if she puts her little mind to it? You're kidding yourselves. Thailand has the allure of a very safe place to be but belive me, it can be a ruthless place particularly if you cut off the flow of the only reason why our partners are with us....our MONEY! Wake up its the MONEY and nothing more!!!! Shit, for most of us we could be sitting at the same table while the wife and some stranger discuss th manner of our ..shall I say..disapperance. This is a nice little reminder of ...reality...

I have been reading this forum for a year or two and will retire to Thailand in about 3 years. It amazes me the negative comments that have relatively no basis. Why do people live here if they hate it so much? Some of you need to get a life, the U.S. and several other sountries have much worse crime and in my opinion if you mind your own business and do what is right then you won't have a problem...anywhere!

I do appreciate the good info that is posted but all the negativity is ridiculous, as stated above get a life, turn your computer off and enjoy Thailand.....or go somewhere else.

My first post and I expect a rash of ignorance to follow.

ACMIKE

Edited by ACMIKE

HIRED GUNMAN SHOOTS EX-GERMAN COP; POLICE SUSPECT HIS FORMER WIFE

pic1.jpg

A former German policeman was shot dead on the road by men on a motorbike. It is suspected that a gunman was hired to kill the man over properties worth more than five million Baht. Police are investigating his present and former wives.

On 25 June 2007, at 2 AM, Pol. Sub. Lt. NitiPhum Butr-wong, Investigator, Banglamung, Pattaya, was notified that a foreigner was shot dead on Soi Suksomboon (Nongket Yai), Moo 8, Nongplalai, Banglamung, Chonburi. A team of police officers, with Sawang Boriboon Rescue and a doctor from Banglamung Hospital, rushed to investigate.

At the scene was the body of Mr. Heinrich Hermaan Friedrich (63), an ex-policeman from Germany, who was shot dead in front of house No. 27/2 , Moo 8, Nong Plalai, Banglamung, Chonbori. On his body was a gold necklace, a gold watch, twelve baht in coins, a mobile phone, as well as, a pair of glasses at the side of his body. Mr. Heinrich was shot in the head, back, chest and knee. Police found four 9 mm bullet casings on the floor.

p1.jpgp7.jpg

Miss Nantha Lukdee (25) address 70/1, Moo 9, Songchin, Grasang, Burirum, Mr.Heinrich’s current girlfriend, arrived in a black Ford automobile, license 8715, Chonburi. She was distraught and said that she had been living with Mr. Heinrich, as husband and wife, at house No. 40/1, Moo 8, about one hundred meters from the shooting. The marriage was unregistered. She said that Mr. Heinrich had bought a house in his ex-wife's name (who he was now divorced from), worth about five million baht. The house, car and motorbike were all in his ex-wife's name. His ex-wife sued Mr. Heinrich to get the properties, but was unsuccessful because Mr. Heinrich had the right to reside in the house as per a thirty year lease.

p2.jpg

Miss Nantha, his current wife also said that Mr. Heinrich was a friendly person, who never had problems with his neighbors. Mr. Heinrich told her that he was going to the 7-Eleven store, about one kilometer away on Sukhimvit Road, to buy beer. She was not concerned until her neighbor shouted that her husband had been shot. When she went to investigate, she found her husband had been murdered. Police were unsure as to the veracity of her account and are conducting an ongoing investigation. The body was sent for autopsy.

Pol.Lt.Col. Somchai Yotsombat, Deputy Superintendent, questioned the neighbors around the area. Many of them said that Mr. Heinrich left the house, presumably to get a beer. They heard some arguing and shouts for help before hearing four gunshots. The neighbors saw two men on a motorbike drive quickly to the front of the soi and go back to look at the body to make sure that Mr. Heinrich was dead. They then drove away.

p9.jpgp3.jpg

Police are investigating several possible motives for this murder. These include adultery; that his ex-wife wanted to get back the properties; and robbery. However nothing seemed to have been taken from the body, but police still do not rule out the robbery.

Pol.Lt.Col.Somchai said that this is a very serious case and the police will try to solve it expeditiously. The ex-wife and the present wife will be closely scrutinized. He believes that the murder was carefully planned and the gunman was very skilled. A police artist will develop sketches of the killers based on witness descriptions.

Source: Pattaya Daily News - 25 June 2007