Sending a parcel

cliveuk

https://www.thailandpost.co.th/un/rate_result_nrs2/?service_id=&to_country_code=NL%3A%3ANetherlands&parcel_weight=1%2C500.00&service_name=

Their website says 2200 for EMS.

There are a bit cheaper options though, which will have longer delivery times, as you can see if you open this link.

Edited by FriendlyFarang
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, cliveuk said:

2000 baht is that the going rate or is there another option?

That sounds cheap for the weight. You do not say how large the parcel is in size. For that price it would be slow mail... Maybe 1 month to arrive if your lucky. I have sent a few things from the Burriram area.. Both slow and fast mail... Fast post took 5 working days to arrive in regional Australia which cost 2500bht a few weeks ago. Weight was about 300gram and size of a A4 sheet of paper. Just go to your nearest mail shop even if it a village Post Office. The price is a fixed price using Thai Postal service and if you did use a courier it would probably cost you more anyway and turn up at the same time.

10 hours ago, Thaifish said:

That sounds cheap for the weight. You do not say how large the parcel is in size. For that price it would be slow mail... Maybe 1 month to arrive if your lucky. I have sent a few things from the Burriram area.. Both slow and fast mail... Fast post took 5 working days to arrive in regional Australia which cost 2500bht a few weeks ago. Weight was about 300gram and size of a A4 sheet of paper. Just go to your nearest mail shop even if it a village Post Office. The price is a fixed price using Thai Postal service and if you did use a courier it would probably cost you more anyway and turn up at the same time.

Thanks for the reply.

Also keep in mind if that parcel contains a battery, even a tiny watch battery it'll be returned with no refunds.

You'll need to use Fedex,DHL, etc.  

I sent an expensive sports watch to Hong Kong for repair and it was over 3,ooo baht.  

Thaipost returned it before I finally used overpriced DHL.

Edited by MrJ2U
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

17 hours ago, cliveuk said:

I need to send an electronic item (approx 1.5kg) registered tracked post from rural Burriram to the Netherlands. The local post office are quoting me 2000 baht is that the going rate or is there another option? Any help would be appreciated.

Int’l Small Packet-Air 1,410.00

25 baht extra for 'Registration'

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1