METV issued in UK

I am in the UK planning a 6 month trip commencing in December. I need to get an METV from the Embassy in London. I asked the Embassy for advice , they have not responded. Has anyone been successful in obtaining a 6 month METV from this Embassy?

If so, please advise.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fgmr said:

Easier options?

For instance, enter visa exempt by air (45 days). Extend by 30 days. Do a border bounce by land for another visa exemption (45 days) and extend by 30 days. Finally, do another border bounce for a third visa exempt entry (30 or 45 days, depending on whether the third entry is before the end of March 2023, and whether the increase in days for a visa exempt entry is extended). This will give you at least 180 days, with options to extend further a bit if desired.

I just applied using the online system for Metv in U.K. and I received the visa back within 24 hours. Make sure you select “multiple” when choosing the tourist visa option, otherwise you’ll end up with a single entry, which would be pointless.

You no longer need to send your passport off or visit any consulate. 

I think  the “easier” options mentioned by the previous posters maybe mean “cheaper”. If you’re coming in on three consecutive visa exempts with extensions, prepare to be scrutinised on the third one, maybe even the second. Maybe Thai immigration are less bothered about it after covid, to up the tourists. However, I would still expect that when and if you wish to visit Thailand again within 12 months, prepare for another round of scrutiny. 

For £150 you get unlimited in and outs Thailand during the 6 month period, which you cannot do on visa exempt not setv,  and you can extend it up to 9 months if you get your final entry date right. Plus, no hassle with immigration. Application process involves uploading pdfs showing flight into Thailand, first accommodation booking, bank statement showing evidence of £5k funds, and evidence that you will leave Thailand such as an employer letter or self employed information. I applied on Friday afternoon and the visa was in my inbox first thing Saturday morning. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, sureno said:

bank statement showing evidence of £5k funds, and evidence that you will leave Thailand such as an employer letter or self employed information.

this is a sticking point, or points, for some applicants hence the "easier" comment from earlier.

• Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, Lemsta69 said:

this is a sticking point, or points, for some applicants hence the "easier" comment from earlier.

Yes, and from what I've read, most consulates require 6 months of bank statements where funds never dip below the minimum.  

Anyone know if the Canadian embassy or consulates require statements for 6 months to apply for METV?

On 9/22/2022 at 8:37 PM, Jaymatheson said:

Anyone know if the Canadian embassy or consulates require statements for 6 months to apply for METV?

I could not find any about the METV on the embassy in Ottawa but did find info on the official consulate in Vancouver.

No much info for the METV but there will be more on the e visa site. 

http://www.thaiconsulatevancouver.ca/consulate/documents/visa/tourist-visa.pdf

On 9/22/2022 at 1:11 AM, BritTim said:

For instance, enter visa exempt by air (45 days). Extend by 30 days. Do a border bounce by land for another visa exemption (45 days) and extend by 30 days. Finally, do another border bounce for a third visa exempt entry (30 or 45 days, depending on whether the third entry is before the end of March 2023, and whether the increase in days for a visa exempt entry is extended). This will give you at least 180 days, with options to extend further a bit if desired.

Thanks Brit Tim. I shall follow your advice.

Is anything replacing the STV which enabled me to stay upto 9 months?

10 hours ago, fgmr said:

Is anything replacing the STV which enabled me to stay upto 9 months?

No

You could get a multiple entry tourist visa (METV) that will allow unlimited 60 day entries for 6 months. Each entry can be extended for 30 days. You could leave and re-enter the country just before the visa expires and get another 60 day entry that can be extended for 30 days.