Tuberculosis Test in Thailand for Family Visa to UK

I believe there is only one place ( in Silom ). 

Kasemkij building

8th floor 

120 silom rd

bangkok 10500

( Not far from Bangkok Bank main branch )

Appointments to be booked online

Edited by Pmbkk
  • Thumbs Up 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/24/2022 at 11:24 AM, bigyin said:

When my wife did hers there was only one approved clinic in the whole of Thailand which was in Bangkok.

Hi There,

My wife is doing the visa to stay with me permanently and off the top of my head i can not even remember what it is called again!! but we are in the process of doing the application. My question:

what visa would it be as there are 2 options on the website shared (https://register-uktb.iom.int/uktbdp-register/editRegistration.html?isFromLogin=true) that have got me confused as to the visa i am actually applying for:

1. Family reunion
  2. settlement and dependents

Th

10 minutes ago, Steps said:

Hi There,

My wife is doing the visa to stay with me permanently and off the top of my head i can not even remember what it is called again!! but we are in the process of doing the application. My question:

what visa would it be as there are 2 options on the website shared (https://register-uktb.iom.int/uktbdp-register/editRegistration.html?isFromLogin=true) that have got me confused as to the visa i am actually applying for:

1. Family reunion
  2. settlement and dependents

Th

Settlement.

Family reunion would be (e.g.) a child joining a parent or vice-versa - usually for asylum seekers and refugees.

Edited by chickenslegs

10 minutes ago, chickenslegs said:

Settlement.

Family reunion would be (e.g.) a child joining a parent or vice-versa - usually for asylum seekers and refugees.

Ii have clicked family reunion because i checked my last post with mentioned that i was applying for a family visa for my Thai wife!!! Now i am completely confused in this process. I hate this £$%^

9 minutes ago, Steps said:

Ii have clicked family reunion because i checked my last post with mentioned that i was applying for a family visa for my Thai wife!!! Now i am completely confused in this process. I hate this £$%^

Yes, it's confusing because your wife should apply for a "Family Visa" to join you and "settle" in the UK, but a "Family Reunion Visa" is for asylum seekers etc to bring their family to join them.

The site you posted gives just 2 choices 1) Settlement & 2) Family reunion - so "settlement is the one which applies to you (I'm assuming you are a British citizen).

• Like 1

On 10/14/2022 at 2:27 PM, bigyin said:

Yes it is a settlement visa. Be prepared for a very long, very expensive and very annoying process to get to full settlement which is ILR.

Do you mean once she is actually here in the UK?

On 10/21/2022 at 3:58 PM, Steps said:

So that means yes beccause she wont be in Thailand when we are at that stage. Please shed some light on the experiences you have had.

My wife’s visas and citizenship went as smoothly as possible but the cost of FLR (which included the health surcharge) then ILR and citizenship are horrendous.  Each application can take up to 6 months, there are delays getting biometric appointments if required and it is almost impossible to get any update or response from the Home Office. It is a very frustrating process.   It is all necessary, however to get the end result of citizenship.

On 10/22/2022 at 5:24 PM, bigyin said:

My wife’s visas and citizenship went as smoothly as possible but the cost of FLR (which included the health surcharge) then ILR and citizenship are horrendous.  Each application can take up to 6 months, there are delays getting biometric appointments if required and it is almost impossible to get any update or response from the Home Office. It is a very frustrating process.   It is all necessary, however to get the end result of citizenship.

What were the costs if you dont mind sharing? Its always good to know