retiring soon. What visa suits best?

Being forced to retiring after 5 years on Smart visa at the end of the year. Married to Thai with child. We'd appreciate recommendation on switching to a suitable visa and when it should be done.

• current monthly salary satisfies visa requirement. 
  • do not have 400k or 800k in my personal bank account, but can transfer.
  • Intend to form a company with wife and friend. No other employees.

Would you recommend I switch to another visa (marriage, PR, other?) now before I finish up 31dec22, or should I wait until it runs out? 

If married to a Thai an extension based upon marriage would be the the best choice since the financial requirements are lower.

What is the source for you month income. For a extension based upon marriage to a Thai it is 40k baht. If your embassy still issue proof of income you could use that to do the application.

• Thumbs Up 1

13 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

If married to a Thai an extension based upon marriage would be the the best choice since the financial requirements are lower.

What is the source for you month income. For a extension based upon marriage to a Thai it is 40k baht. If your embassy still issue proof of income you could use that to do the application.

agree 100% ,been doing it for years 

13 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Thanks Joe. I am employed here in Thailand so I get monthly salary exceeding 40K same as a Thai person (tax, social security etc). Do I still need my embassy involved?

7 minutes ago, AustinRacing said:

Thanks Joe. I am employed here in Thailand so I get monthly salary exceeding 40K same as a Thai person (tax, social security etc). Do I still need my embassy involved?

If you can prove your income here it can be used to apply for the extension with proof of tax payments and a copy of your tax return done this year. No need for anything from your embassy.

You can have a work permit and work with a extension based upon marriage.

• Thanks 2