Bank teller goes live on Twitter - foul mouth rant about customer gets her slap on wrist from KBank

webfact

2 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

What is the point of the photo? It shows nothing, so why use it?

It's a still from the video that caused the problem.  The face of the woman has been obscured, but you can see the money and get a general idea of what the video that they are talking about in the article looks like.

11 hours ago, Kenchamp said:

I have found the attitude and rudeness of some bank employees here in Thailand to be down right horrible.

Agreed.  I regularly collected the payroll  for our Mooban employees from this bank.  I did this monthly for more than five years.  Each time I was treated as a terrorist with objections about the colour of pen used to sign the cheques.

• Like 2

Why was somebody videoing her simply counting money?

Or did she discover the notes were stapled, and called a colleague to come video her for Twitter.

Edited by metisdead
Vulgar spelling of Twitter corrected.

On 9/23/2022 at 10:52 PM, Daffy D said:

Nobody think it's weird and totally unprofessional that a bank employee should be streaming live pictures at work while handling documents and counting money. 

:w00t:

Actually, this is the main point of her Thai critics: how can a bank employee at work "like sot"  ไลค์สด (life streaming on social media)? The foul language is not the main point. 

This is completely lost in the article of AN

• Like 1

5 hours ago, KIngsofisaan said:
On 9/23/2022 at 5:12 PM, Bangkok Barry said:

What is the point of the photo? It shows nothing, so why use it?

New Thai digital law you cannot video their face without consent

Yes. So why publish a photo at all if you can't show the subject. Makes no sense at all. Thai logic in full flow. 'Here's a photo but the law says we can't show you what it is'. But they did this long before the recent new law, for decades, so it actually has nothing to do with that.

• Like 1

On 9/23/2022 at 8:25 PM, Kenchamp said:

I have found the attitude and rudeness of some bank employees here in Thailand to be down right horrible.

yep recently closed an account with a well-known bank here for that reason ...seems their phones are more important..and their attitude towards customers stinks 

they put themselves above others ..at the end of the day  they are just counter clerks 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Yes. So why publish a photo at all if you can't show the subject. Makes no sense at all. Thai logic in full flow. 'Here's a photo but the law says we can't show you what it is'. But they did this long before the recent new law, for decades, so it actually has nothing to do with that.

She's probably a bit of a minger.

Would have shared my experience at K Bank on Friday, but find myself unable without becoming foul-mouthed.

Suffice it to say that after a 20 minute drive to the branch they would not change my mobile phone number because I only had my bankcard and passport with me. That procedure apparently requires the passbook.

Lost the old SIM card, forgot the old number. Not possible online. See below.

image.png.31ad5234aec890f1b711564691a4fb70.png

• Like 1

Understandable really, need the passbook to confirm which account you want to change details on.

Went just the other day to my bank to update new passport and change contact phone number.

Tried later to make some transfers on line but wouldn't work.

After long time on phone to Customer Service, by trial and error, discovered they had updated the Passport but not the new phone number. :sad:

Guess 50% success is not to bad  :whistling:  

Err would any of you posters be any different if you were a teller and some jerk stapled money together?

Just wondering?  I give all tellers a good thumbs up for their patience. I have seen many unruly people over the

years and some were customers at stores, banks and other businesses. Most of the time the staff have

way more patience than most posters on this forum.

Just saying 

Harvey M.