Online agencies selling "onward tickets"

Does anyone have any experience using an online seller of "onward tickets"?

I'm planning to fly from Hanoi to Thailand and enter visa-exempt.  Have only one-way ticket because planning to obtain Retirement Non-O and will stay for some time.

I know I may need to show a ticket out of Thailand within the period I will be allowed to stay (should be 45 days now).

Are any of these outfits reliable, do their tickets work when the airline checks?

Thanks.

2 hours ago, Farangfoodie said:

I'm planning to fly from Hanoi to Thailand and enter visa-exempt.  Have only one-way ticket because planning to obtain Retirement Non-O and will stay for some time.

Flying from Hanoi etc with airline such as AirAsia then 100% you will be asked to show onward flight. 

Suggest you check out onwardflight.com etc.

Edited by DrJack54

Travel Agents have been able to make bookings and pay later for years.

Not sure how many times they can refresh a booking but I recall that the booking was good for around five days and that it could be refreshed for around a month before payment.

Perhaps this is how the phantom ticket agencies work

A word of caution.
It's often reported a 'ticket out' is acceptable, whether by air, train, or road.
It's the airline that insist on an onward ticket when entering VE, as if refused entry, it's they who are responsible to return you to your point of departure as well as being fined.

A friend, whose previous extension had lapsed, planned to enter VE > Non O > 1 year extension again.
Aware of the requirement for an outbound ticket, booked an outbound flight to Phnom Phen within the 30 days.
His leg from the UK to Thailand was with Emirates, arriving at Suvarnabhumi.

Ar check-in, he was asked if he had an outbound ticket, which he had.
However, they noted the outbound flight was from Don Muang to Phnom Phen.
They asked, if refused entry at SV, how he intended to travel to DM to catch his outbound flight.
He was denied boarding until he rebooked an outbound ticket departing SV.

The same would apply to train or road travel outbound tickets.
If refused entry, how would you travel to the train or coach station to catch that outbound transport.
Of course, the chances of being refused entry are low, but it then becomes the airline's responsibility if you're unable to use any outbound ticket.