building a shed using neighbours boundry wall .

yeahbutif

Now want to build a shed..can I use the neighbours wall as he has built his wall over the centre of the boundary wall. Hence I cant use half of the boundary wall.... I know there was rules that this Should not have happened as his wall should have been at least 50cm away from boundary wall....... But can he complain if  he already did wrong..his wall was built be for I bought the house..

306496055_1054232795287690_9132836126736014801_n.jpg

307220492_1430596707415880_981968606069443161_n.jpg

take a bottle of beer over to share with him and say you want to build a shed using part of the wall as the back of the shed.

I'm sure with a beer and a quick chat he'll be your friend, and your letting him know your intensions ...

If he can't understand english,  take the missus to translate.

problem solved.

Edited by steven100
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, yeahbutif said:

thats one problem  i found they dont want to get involved .. lol

in most western countries that's considered illegal, is the boundary wall half on your side and half on his side or all of it on his side, if that's the case no can do as it's his property... no long ago one person in my neighborhood stabbed his friend and neighbor over a 25 cm wide x 3 meters long piece of land

Edited by Mavideol

22 minutes ago, Mavideol said:

in most western countries that's considered illegal, is the boundary wall half on your side and half on his side or all of it on his side, if that's the case no can do as it's his property... no long ago one person in my neighborhood stabbed his friend and neighbor over a 25 cm wide x 3 meters long piece of land

if you like at the photo .. the wall its self is 10cm wide and the caping is 20cm wide so the outside of his blocks are level with my side of the boundry wall so he infact built his wall on my side ,, as i should have had at lest 10cm  of capping left  on my side ...   so realy i think i should have the right to use his wall ?    but i know i read many problems  but really wahts good for the goose should be good for the Ghanda.. so you think i should have to build another wall  on my side of the boundry wall ? so it seems it all bout first come first serve ,,   but how far away  from his wall  should i build ?

Edited by yeahbutif
bits added

3 minutes ago, yeahbutif said:

if you like at the photo .. the wall its self is 10cm wide and the caping is 20cm wide so the outside of his blocks are level with my side of the boundry wall so he infact built his wall on my side ,, as i should have had at lest 10cm  of capping left  on my side ...   so realy i think i should have the right to use his wall ?    but i know i read many problems  but really wahts good for the goose should be good for the Ghanda.. 

as they say here .... up to you