Bicycle Thai Airways

Bazerino

I'm looking at checking in my Mountain bike with my flight with Thai Airways? I'm waiting on a reply from them & thought ide ask if anyone has had any experience with doing so, I'm planning on moving to Thailand long term & want to bring my Mountain bike over with me, before anyone says that why don't you just buy one in Thailand? I've already looked into this & it would be a lot cheaper to bring my bike with me......

Cheers

Baz

On 9/26/2022 at 1:02 AM, mania said:

To add to this useful link:

1. Check with them how it needs to be packed. Most airlines require hard box, like the original packing box. If you want to transport it within Thailand AirAsia is the best as you don't need the box, get plastic food wrap roll from a supermarket, deflate the tyres, align the handlebar with the frame, remove the pedals and wrap everything up.

2. If you need to bring the bike back you'll need a box again, these can be obtained from bicycle shops, they may charge you a little bit for the box.

3. Check the oversized items dimensions with the airline before selecting a box, and make sure your box is within the limits, esp length. If the box is deemed oversized item many airlines will charge you extra, even if you are within your baggage allowance.

• Like 1