No need for TM6 for extension? (STV)

Hi, 

I entered on a STV yesterday and Immigration was, contrary to previous experience with a STV, extremely smooth. They didn't look at any documents (hotel booking/rental conctracts/insurance docs/vaccine docs etc.) where as last year they scrutinized everything in detail. I just wanted to send that update to all of you! Also, another question - I was told the TM6 was discontinued. So, that won't be requested for me when I make an extension? Or is it perhaps something similar to the TM30 i.e. something that needs to be taken care of early days in the trip. 

15 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

You will not need the TM6 arrival card to apply for the extension.

Ubon Joe, I always stay at my condo during my 90 day stays with a STV. I never file a TM30 and they seem to know where I am staying because, I assume, that's what I write on my TM6 when I pass through Passport Control. They have never asked me to file a TM30 at CW for all this time. With no TM6 now, do I need to file a TM30 when I arrive or is it not really necessary for those staying on a short-term basis? Thanks.

11 minutes ago, Thai Visa Member 999999 said:

Ubon Joe, I always stay at my condo during my 90 day stays with a STV. I never file a TM30 and they seem to know where I am staying because, I assume, that's what I write on my TM6 when I pass through Passport Control. They have never asked me to file a TM30 at CW for all this time. With no TM6 now, do I need to file a TM30 when I arrive or is it not really necessary for those staying on a short-term basis? Thanks.

Immigration did not use the address info you put on the TM6. They used the address you put on the TM7 extension application form. The can check to see if you have used that address before.

Whether you need a TM30 form submitted or not can depend upon the immigration office where you apply.

If you own your condo you could complete the TM30 form and submit it.

• Thanks 1