Current time required to get tourist 60 day visa from USA and can I get 30 day extension in Jomtien if needed?

Greetings all,  1. What is the approximate processing time to get tourist 60 day visa from USA?

2. If needed, can I get 30 day extension in Jomtien for 1900 baht or is it only 15 day?

3. what the heck is a TM30 that I saw others speak of and do I need it?    

Thank you all,    Dwayne Hoover

You can obtain a 30 day extension to tourist visa and visa exempt entry. Cost 1900baht.

The TM30 is often ask for by immigration.

It records where you are staying.

If staying at a hotel then they can provide you with record of filing the TM30.

Be aware that from Oct 1 the visa exempt gives a stamp of 45 days.

Better option imo. 

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 1

1. About a week after submitting the application online.

2. Yes and will be for 30 for.

3. A TM30 is a a report your arrival at a residence. If staying a hotel and etc they will do it online. Ask them for a screen shot of it to show immigration.

• Love It 1

Depends on the consulate of your jurisdiction. Mine through Chicago took exactly 1 week (including the 3-day weekend) earlier this month. I got mine 4 hours before the flight departure time. ????

Having been hassled at BKK recently, I'll be doing the visa route everytime. It's cheaper and hassle-free compared to doing an extention (on normal a 30 day stamp) But if you have not been coming in frequently on visa exemptions, you should be fine, if the 45-day stamp works for you.

There has not been a definite announcement as to if the extension will be 30 days or 45 days. I've heard both from speculators. Just assume 30 days for now.

As for TM30, I never worried about it nor needed to show to anyone in my 30+ years of coming to Thailand and doing MANY extensions. But YMMV, as always in the Kingdom.

Have a safe and pleasant  trip.

Edited by worldexpress

14 minutes ago, worldexpress said:

There has not been a definite announcement as to if the extension will be 30 days or 45 days. I've heard both from speculators. Just assume 30 days for now.

As for TM30, I never worried about it nor needed to show to anyone in my 30+ years of coming to Thailand

Extensions will be 30 days for visa exempt and tourist visa entries.

The TM30 is required at many offices to apply for extension.