How Many Times Can Apply For Tv In Laos?

Hellloo friends !

Soon time for a new TV tripp to Laos... problem is that this one is my nr3 in a row... heard some one sayd can only do 2 to laos then 2 to penang.... but i also heard ppl get TV in penang more then 3 times in a row....

But Laos is closer for me so a whant to go to Laos again if it works....

Any one do more then 2 TV trips in a row to Laos ?! Or some one know the real rules ?............

Manny thanks...

Any one do more then 2 TV trips in a row to Laos ?! Or some one know the real rules ?............

I can only repeat again what happend to me......

Last year in October after big discussion with the head of the visa department (a lady) in Savannakhet, who by the way called me a filthy rich guy, that same lady told me that she would issue me now one more TV but that I should not come back for another one within a year. She also told me that they strictly follow the rules of Vientiane and my first TV that I received in August last year was from Vientiane.

• 3 weeks later...

We have been told that the Consulate in Savannasakhet will issue 2 Tourist Visa in ONE calendar year only and they will consider Visas issued by Vientane in their counting as well.

You may try Vientane, however to avoid any risk of being denied , just go to Vietnam, Malaysia or Singapore.

Avoid PP/Cambodia.

Edited by visarunner

On the Jack Golf news page they seem to confirm this verdict of two tourist visas in one calendar year.

( Obtained from Thai embassy/ consulate in Vientiane or Savannakhet)

http://www.jackgolf.com/en/news/100.php

These guys go every week so in compilation with other posters I guess that's the deal.

Come to think of it, if that is the official policy, where is the infamous red stamp "traveller

has come to Thailand several times in the past......may be denied tourist visa in the future."

Edited by cali4995

I'm in the same boat oMega69. Been to Laos for a TV twice this year. On the last run was told by my visa agent that I would have to go elsewhere if I wanted another, she said thats the law. Also with the increase in the amount of people going there for TVs I don't think they would turn a blind eye as may have been the case before. In anycase its easy enough to get one somewhere else(I hope).

If you do get another from Laos will you let us know please.

Cheers.

Cap. :o

Watch this space. Got a friend going for his 3rd next Monday, he's doing the 2 month Tourist Visa and 1 month extension thing. He was told by the Vientiane Embassy staff on his last visit that there were no restrictions? I, for one, am looking forward to the outcome.

Further to my post above. The guy came back with a 30 day visa as he did not have the time to spend 2 nights in Vientiane but met a woman in the exit que at the bridge who just got her 3rd 60 day tourist visa but was told that would be her last this year.