Thai Volleyball Team Ready to Meet Poland

snoop1130

1664267430_828886-tnamcot-768x312.jpg

GDANSK, Sept 27 (TNA) – Thailand’s volleyball team is ready to compete with Poland, the host of the FIVB Women’s Volleyball World Championship, late tonight.

The Thai volleyball players earlier practiced at the Ergo Arena for two hours from 6.30pm to 8.30pm local time (from 11.30pm to 1.30am Thailand time) to familiarize themselves with the large stadium with 11,000 seats.

Kiattipong Radchatagriengkai aka Coach Aod, former head coach of Thailand women’s national volleyball team, arrived to help strengthen the Thai team especially when it came to players’ attitudes and morale.

Full Story: https://tna.mcot.net/english-news-1026293

tnalogo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai News Agency 2022-09-27

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Monthly car subscription with first-class insurance, 24x7 assistance and more in one price - click here to find out more!

• Like 1

Volleyball is a sport where height makes a difference, and watching the Polish and Thai girls compete close to the net couldn't have made this clearer.

On top of that, the home advantage: it was amost scary too see the court full of red-white supporters. All in all, a predictable outcome and well done to Thai players.

Wish them better chance tonight with Croatia.

• Like 2

Thailand is in Pool B - teams as follows with current world ranking

Dominican Republic (8), Poland (12), Türkiye (6), Thailand (14), Croatia (22), Korea (24)

Schedule

v Türkiye - Won 3-2

v Poland - lost 0-3

v Croatia - playing now, ahead 2-0 (25-18 and 25-13)

v Korea - Sept 29

v Dominican Republic - 1 Oct

spacer.png

Thailand won the first five-setter of the FIVB Volleyball Women’s World Championship 2022. In a Pool B encounter with the world’s sixth-ranked team Türkiye at the GelreDome in Arnhem on Saturday, outside hitter Chatchu-On Moksri hammered out 33 points towards a nail-biting 3-2 (17-25, 31-29, 22-25, 25-19, 15-13) victory.

4 hours ago, arithai12 said:

Volleyball is a sport where height makes a difference, and watching the Polish and Thai girls compete close to the net couldn't have made this clearer.

The Polish #9 last night, Magdalena Stysiak, is 2.03m, that's 6'8" 

In comparison, Thailand's tallest, Thatdao Nuekjang is 184cm, 6' 1/2"

Just now, gomangosteen said:

The Polish #9 last night, Magdalena Stysiak, is 2.03m, that's 6'8" 

In comparison, Thailand's tallest, Thatdao Nuekjang is 184cm, 6' 1/2"

Generally, the Thai women's volleyball team punches above its height.

I think the core of the team has been together for quite some time, and they compensate well for their relative lack of height, but up against the very best nations, usually fall short, so to speak.

Definitely an admirable group of athletes.

• Like 2

btw, all results and match schedule can be found here.

The "highlights", about 5-min recap of each game, can be easily found on you tube for free.

The full games, including replay of past ones, can be watched with a rather cheap subscription via streaming from the same site.

The games in which Thailand is playing are shown live on public TV channels, though you need some patience as the exact TV channel changes every time.

Next one this evening, THA-KOR, 7pm our time.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Eleftheros said:

Generally, the Thai women's volleyball team punches above its height.

I think the core of the team has been together for quite some time, and they compensate well for their relative lack of height, but up against the very best nations, usually fall short, so to speak.

Definitely an admirable group of athletes.

I especially love their attitude, always smiling whether point or mistake. Compare that with some other teams where the ladies seem like bulldogs on the leash.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Ladie's volleyball seems to be about the only sport which gets blanket TV coverage in Thailand and my GF and her friends are glued to it whenever it's on. I find it eminently watchable as well......not sure why?????

When she was in England I managed to get it on my TV via an Android box, which she was very please about. The problem was she discovered she could watch the Thai soaps every day as well!

• Like 1

A great fightback from 1-3 down v Dominican Republic last night, to win 3-2 on tiebreaker (31-29, 16-25, 21-25, 25-22, 15-11) and qualifying for the second round.

Schedule

v Türkiye - Won

v Poland - Lost

v Croatia - Won

v Korea - Won

v Dominican Republic - Won

Round 2

v Canada (world ranked 15th) - 4 October

v Germany (14) - 5 October

v Serbia (4) - 7 October

v USA (1) - 8 October

Edited by gomangosteen

On 9/29/2022 at 9:19 AM, madmitch said:

Ladie's volleyball seems to be about the only sport which gets blanket TV coverage in Thailand and my GF and her friends are glued to it whenever it's on. I find it eminently watchable as well......not sure why?????

To look at Females ?